• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • Machop and Karate Chop/Low Kick. I only had to reset once, thankfully. And it's more because I got frustrated when Stomp made Machop flinch everytime it hit.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Don't really see whats too hard about her, I remember back in the day she was really annoying when she would get a rollout spree going, and each time you would switch in it would just Ko your team. But this one was disapointing, all she did was stomp my pokemon, which didnt do much but flinch it every once in awhile >_<.

Steezz

"I'm on a Boat!"
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    Man, Whitney was a pain. I realized that Quilava, Pidgeotto, and Bellsprout werent good enough. So i went and cought myself a Nindoran, Evolved in into Nidorino, and double kicked Miltank to death :D

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • To beat Miltank, I paralyzed it, then cut its attack with growl, then destroyed its defense with leer. The best way is to just cut it down bit by bit.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I had to buy a bunch of potions before I challenged Whitney again. Because my PCP wouldn't obey me, and all my other pokemon were boys. So my Spikey-Eared Pichu was the only girl. So I just kept using Volt Tackle...and potions...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I only had a Togepi, an Oddish, and a Spearow (the Kenya one) at this point, and it was hell. I won on my first try, but I had to totally spam Stun Spores on that cow of hers, because of the 75% accuracy and that friggin' Lum Berry. :P Eventually took it down with my Togepi's Serene Grace hax (lolExtrasensory).

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
  • That miltank is brutal. I lost to Whitney twice before I finally decided to suck it up and get a Machop. It really came down to luck for me. She didn't use any potions or refresh its health at all, which helped. It missed just when I needed it to, and I won. I was about to smash my DS at some points though. That thing's stomp is infuriating. (So is its attract... it's ugly....)

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Luckily, one of my Pokemon was a Meowth, with Egg Moves Hypnosis and Slash.

That's how I defeated her XD.

Xtrude

Gamer
    Years
  • Sent out my Quilava to deal with the first Pokemon, then changed to my other 5 crap Pokemon, slowly taking down her accuracy and defence etc.

Then with the Miltank on low health, smashed in two hits by my Quilava :P

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Whitney was a breeze for me, but Chuck... GAWD. Four tries to beat that dang Poliwrath... Anywho, I guess I just beat Whitey out of sheer luck. Whitney's Miltank never used Rollout against me, at all, but Stomp got on my nerves. It never even used Milk Drink! I guess it was sheer luck.

hcoteen2008

Ball State Cardinal
    Years
  • I used the Onix that was traded to me and leveled it up and used it's attack. Luckily I was able to paralyze it with my Pikachu-colored Pichu right before it fainted.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I was prepared because of my childhood being destroyed by her in the originals. I basically growled it to death adn then widdled away at it's HP until it was done, adn stalled it's PP.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • For me it was pretty easy. I had Nidorina with me at the time and just used fighting attacks on her. Nidorina knew double kick and rock smash.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Go Max!(Crocanow lv 21)Rage after rage after rage i know out clefairy
    she sends out the tank...i recall for Scout(Furret).

Focus blast!
    Super effective
    Critical!

Whitney starts to cry! i feel awesome ;)

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • i was actually surprised on how easy it was to beat her.
    I remember it always been hard with my quilava and her using roll out on me in the original...
    But this time i didnt even need to think while fighting her and thus i dont remember how i did it.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I agree, There happens to be Two Gym leaders that I've never beaten on the first try Whitney and the other being Wattson. (I have a wing it strategy)

I started off using Bayleef, against her Clefairy,i did a sunny day attack to ready my solarbeam, and what do you know, her Clefairies Metronome is overheat. She then rolled to victory over my team, that is until Totodile evolved and learned ICe fang, then i was able to just "Throw it in the bag" lol the battle i mean.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years

• miltank

I can guarantee that
    about half of you just shivered.
    (as 55% of PC, according to another poll, chose Cyndaquil) Perhaps one of the most anticipated Pokémon in these games, and for good reason: it's got a history of kicking butt. There's a mixed bag about the "new Miltank." Some say that Whitney was a breeze, little do they mention how they expected her tactics this go around, others say she's still horrific to take down. This thread isn't really about her toughness, though, it's about how you captured that Plain Badge.

Heard plenty of stories from people who were even prepared and still fell apart, and others of great, some funny, strategies to defeat her. That's where this thread was born, I wanna hear 'em. And hey, it might even help other trainers take her down too. :D

I'm interested in how people handled one of the most iconic leaders in this game. Of course, in HG/SS, there's a level drop compared to the original games, but that doesn't mean you failed to prepare, right?
    tl;dr
    How did you manage to beat Whitney? Good ol' haymaker style, a barrage of smokescreen and sand attack? Abuse of X items? Share your story, and yes, even your loss, if it happened. :D

I had a female Bayleef Lv. 26 with Poison Powder which I used to stall the Miltank out. However, it did get a critical hit on me towards the end so I had to send in my Slowpoke then switch out to Sandshrew as death fodder so the poison would finish her off and so my Slowpoke would get some experience.

Whitney wasn't difficult, although Scrappy really caught some of my friends off guard. =P Chikorita wins, yet again.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • Very easily. Level 23 Quilava with Fire Blast destroyed every trainer in that gym including that Miltank. 2-hits. :cool:

Back