• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
  • It was unexpectedly easy for me. I remember that The Miltank didn't use Milk Drink once, which is the only thing I was really scared of. I'm not sure what pokemon I used, I'm thinking my bayleaf.

Collen

I have returned.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Easy. I just battled her normaly, and used some potions. Flaafy used thunder a few times, and that was it.

torcoal

Ketsu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    I was scared when i first battled her, because she was apparently so hard to everyone, but she turned out easy!Because of one thing.
    Nidoqueen+Super effective Double Kick+Rivalry=EPIC PWN! :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I beat her by luck. Here is how the final part of the battle went.

*Clefairy used Metronome*
    *Clefairy used Blast Burn*
    *Pichu says, "Oh crap"*
    *Pichu barely lives*
    *Pichu uses Volt Tackle*
    *Clefairy faints*
    *Pichu faints*
    *Go Slowprince*
    *Jimmy beat Leader Whittney*

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • I don't remember the battle exactly, I can just remember cussing out the Miltank for using Milk Drink, or whatever that attack is. The battle took so long I had to use struggle. I could've just switched out my Pokemon, but I'm stubborn,

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • I'm doing a Normal-type Mono Challenge, so I had to rely on all-out attacks to pierce Miltank and its monstrous defenses, with recovery. My Togetic and Ambipom were strong enough to take it down though, along with everything else inside the Gym.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Shortly before reaching Goldenrod City, I caught a Wobbuffet on the Pokéwalker and added her to my team, just because I had never had the patience to raise one before and wanted to try it. When I got to Whitney, the rest of my team, which was decently leveled, took care of Clefairy. Then I just sent out Wobbuffet who Countered the crap out of Miltank.

I felt like that was a really cheap and unfair thing to do, though, so shortly after the battle, I took Wobbuffet out of my team. :/

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    For the first time ever I actually used "Rocky" the Onix to defeat her -- although it was still challenging, 'cause she used Attract and I was immobilized by love most of the time. I had to use a few potions, but Rocky did the job eventually :]. I'd say Whitney was the most interesting leader to fight...none of the others really stand out like she does.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I beat her like a week ago, yet I can't remember... o___o I just remember her taking out almost everyone of my Pokemon with Attract and Stomp, and I finally beat her with one Pokemon... which I think was Quagsire. :3

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • I was like BOOM I BOUGHT the focus bomb tm then i was like BOOM teach it too quilava and flaffy, then i was like BOOOOOOOM miltank is lacking in special defence and i iced her butt.....EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED OHKO

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I took down clefairy with my kanghaskan (which I'm not using anymore).
    Then came milktank. I switched out to my intimidate growlithe. Then I constantly switched out and brought growlithe back in untill his attack power wasn't a threath anymore. Also I kept using leer with my crocknaw in between. Then I did a flame wheel and BAM 1hit-KO

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I put it to sleep with my bellsprout, lucky enough it stayed asleep till it fainted with my quilava kept using flame wheel

Years
  • Let's see... I had a pokemon team of 5, consisting of mysteries Dratini lv. 20, my lv. 20 Quilava, my lv. 20 Flaafy, my lv. 20 Pidgeotto, my lv 20 Ekans. I defeated her 1st pokemon using Quilava's various fire attacks, and Miltank was defeated by my Dratini's Dragon Rage attack. Whitney never had a chance...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I overleveld of course, as i've only got 4 gym bages and i've already got a feraligator.

Back