• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you breed a Ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Atlas

Who's your Master of Faster?
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is where this belongs, but there are so many categories.

I have a heavy trade order to fill, and it involves one thing: DITTO

I need 4 dittos, and I want to breed them. I own 2 dittos, and am getting quickly fed up with my pokeRadar. Does anybody know if its possible to breed dittos?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    You can't breed Dittos at all, as the last poster said.

My suggestion: You said you were frustrated with your PokeRadar while hunting for dittos on Route 218, yes? Well, I was too when I was searching for them. Luckily, I found out that they are really common if you choose a patch that has the rustling in it. Sorry, that sounded like crap. There are normal shaking patches and the other patches that seem to shine a bit? Not shiny patches, but you know what I mean. Try using those patches to chain dittos, they're much easier to find.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Perhaps I can clarify on the Pokeradar issue. When you activate the radar, you'll see patches that rustle enough that they get a whitish-green color. Those generally contain rarer pokemon (such as Pokeradar only pokemon). Those are your best bet for catching ditto. After encountering and defeating/capturing the ditto, choose the same type of shaking patch as the first ditto was in. If presented with multiple patches that look the same, pick the one that's farther away. You'll have a LONG chain of ditto before you know it, so long as you follow these rules (and a few others. Check the chaining guide.)

Years
    Yeah, you can't breed Dittos with eachother. If you have FR or LG, you can catch a whole bunch of them on Route...I forgot the number..>.> Then you could transfer them to your Diamond or Pearl game.
    But keep on trying to catch them if you don't have FR or LG.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Its simple. You can't. Thats it. Its like trying to breed Palkia and Dialga. You can't do it.
    I'm afraid that if you want a Ditto, your gonna need to catch them.

hvsep

Pimpster.
    Years
    Yeah, you can't breed Dittos with eachother. If you have FR or LG, you can catch a whole bunch of them on Route...I forgot the number..>.> Then you could transfer them to your Diamond or Pearl game.
    But keep on trying to catch them if you don't have FR or LG.

serebii.net said:
    Routes 13, 14 & 15, Cerulean Cave Floors 1, 2 & Basement 1, Pokémon Mansion Basement 1

That's where you can find them on FR and LG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back