• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you guys level up your low level pokemon?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    I just have it hold an EXP Share, run it through the E4 a bunch of times, and then once it can handle the E4 itself I give it a Lucky Egg and watch its experience grow. :p
    Of course, I finish EV training it before I start doing all of this.

or give it lucky egg, make it your lead pokemon and switch it before the foe attacks

Years
    Equip Exp share, send out 1st and bait, then switch to one of your best pokemon. kick ass... rinse and repeat with every pokemon they send out, and it will level up in no time.

Divine~Deoxys

I use the exp.share and battle elite four and ace trainers by resort area(vs. seeker).

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    When i first had a Pokemon I give it the exp.share and go train it for EVs. After it is EV trained I will either just leave it as I don't want to use it or battle against the Elite Four to level it fast.

TheNewFireEagle

The Poke'mon Adviser
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    I remember that I used Exp. Share and when the low level poke'mon go to level 45 or level 60, I just train them in the elite four tell there at level 100.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    if i want to EV train them, i do that against pokemon that mine can easily beat, then i either fight the Elite 4 with Exp. Share to get them to 100 (did that with my Movie Darkrai), or i use rare candies to got them there if i have enough.

sometimes i just use lots of rare candies (duplicating cheat from emerald and send over) to get them to 100 and give them proteins and other ones.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2008
    Two things:
    I go somewhere where the wild pokemon are about 5 levels above mine (the one that needs training)
    Or...
    For example, if I had a pikachu (level 50) and a chimchar (level 5), then I would go somewhere with a lot of wild water pokemon that are about level 60, then I set chimchar as my first pokemon. When I find a pokemon to fight, my chimchar will appear, and I immediately switch it out with pikachu, who can easiy beat the water pokemon.
    They split the exp. 50/50 and chimchar levels up a few levels at a time!

THE SECOND WAY IS BETTER :D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I do the switch out strategy only because I prefer EV training at the same time. If I use exp share, I usually forget about it and receive unwanted EVs.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
    When i have a low Lv. pokemon. I usually fly to the Fight Area and battle the three girls on the route above. They have high Level; Skarmory,Linoone,2 Slowbro,Swellow,Farfetch'd. Good place to train. Once on lv.40.Than i take on the elite four.

:16:

Back