• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How do you plan to journey through Kalos?

seishiro-san

Inspirational
Years
  • Like they say slow and steady wins the race, I will take my time through the game. Rushing through it will kill all the time I have spent watching the clock tick as it gets near the release date.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Im going to cherish the moments and take a little longer to complete the game, maybe catch all the Pokemon I see just for the effort of completing the Pokedex this time :\ . I mean the pokemon bank and transfer isn't going to go out until December and I need my competition pokemon from my previous game in order to compete. Also, I believe the story is going to take a little longer to finish if the Pokedex is divided into three with 150 Pokemon in each.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'll probably take my time when it's about discovering new Pokémons. That's always been one of my top priorities with every new generation for some reason it's always exciting for me to discover new Pokémons even if you replay the game many times. I'll move in a slow yet steady pace through the region. This'll be the first time where I actually check out all the cities carefully.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Get Chespin.
    Train Chespin.
    Evolve Chespin.
    Get Charmander.
    Evolve Charmander.
    Rape everything with Mega Charizard.

And... Maybe catch some other stuff along the way.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • Like everybody else i'm going to take my time and explore as much as i can, And catch every pokemon i see.
    But my ultimate goal is to sit on every bench there is

Years
  • I will probably pretend to try and play at a steady pace but inevitably speed through it because I have no self control when I play these games.
    this is me exactlyXD
    I always plan on finishing the pokedex after I beat the main story-line, but I may just try to catch 'em all before-hand. I'm also planning on nick-naming EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Years
  • I'll be playing at a steady pace myself. I don't like to spend too long in one place but I don't want to miss anything either. And I do plan on catching and training all of my Pokemon more so than I have done previously.

Years
  • Plans on X/Y

what are your plans playing the game?
    Speed run then Competitive Battle?
    Enjoy the game :D
    Collect Every Pokemons?
    or Describe it yourself! XD

for me I'm planning to
    Enjoy every inch of the game has :D
    and after the game is complete I will still enjoy it
    play some competitive Pokemon battles although not that serious
    Like I will use my favorite Pokemons rather than following in the tier or metagame! :)
    and then complete the Pokedex :D

Years
  • I'm more of a casual player than a competitive player, so I'd most likely be taking time exploring all of Kalos and catching every Pokemon I see. I love collecting you know.

Years
  • I'm more of a casual player than a competitive player, so I'd most likely be taking time exploring all of Kalos and catching every Pokemon I see. I love collecting you know.

were quite the same :D
    although I might raise pokemon and play it in Pokemon Amie
    and might use them for competitive battling
    which I suck XD

Years
  • I heard from alot of reviews this games easy, so I think this time I will play on set mode and I will have my own rule that I won't use potions during battle when I fight gym leaders, the elite four and the champion.

Also I will try get all the Kalos pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would first try to get through the storyline as quickly as possible. If I take too long, then I may lose track of the story one way or another, and lose my interest in the game. This had happened to me once before while playing Pokémon Black 2, which is the main reason why I was never able to finish the game completely. When I'm finally done with the story, I would start building a solid team for myself and take my time to explore deep down within all the locations, so that I can be familiarized with them. d: Kalos seems to be quite a big region, so it would take me an extremely long time to fully explore its routes, towns, and cities.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    I will take my time. Those towns, caves, forests look so beatiful!
    That and I won't be able to play a lot since I will have a busy week with exams and papers. :/

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • As much as I would love to say that I'd take it slow and savor my first playthrough of a new generation, I'll probably break down and just speed through it, beating it in 2 days and then complaining that it's already over lol

Whistler

Questioner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    I heard that the story isn't very good this time around, so I'm gonna make up my own stories as I go.

(Team Flare are now training Pokemon to battle other Pokemon using humans instead, and they're also gonna burn away the evidence after each battle, hence the name Team Flare.) =]

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I will probably pretend to try and play at a steady pace but inevitably speed through it because I have no self control when I play these games.
    So true! :(

I always tell myself when a new game comes out I'll be playing it steadily. Usually takes me a couple of hours or until the story becomes stale and I start speeding through it.

Back