• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How do you plan to journey through Kalos?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • How are YOU going to play?

[Woah, first thread in X/Y, I hope it goes well. :p]

So, how are you going to play through Pokemon X/Y? Are you going to rush through it trying to beat it as fast as possible, or spend ages in a single area trying to uncover all of its secrets? :p Or maybe a balance between the two? I'm kinda curious how people are going to play- I personally will probably spend a long time in each area. :)

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I am an explorer when it comes to maps, and I love to learn about the pokemon themselves. So I will rush to the point needed for wifi access, then it will be a long time after that before I complete the game. Completing the dex is always the part I enjoy most, so no stone shall remain unturned.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • SInce these games feel so new already, i´ll probably take more time than usual in each area, maybe even try to catch most of the pokemon before going to the next route/town. i´ll definitely be taking my time :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    I am going to knock the main story out as quickly as possible(up to the first viewing of the credits). Then i will proceed to farm out my 'dream team'. Then do all side content and then start catching all the pokemon.

Zethremar

Entirely Uninteresting
    Years
  • Well, generally I try to start off taking it nice and slow and making sure that I explore all of the areas, read all the dialogue, and catch Pokemon. But as I get more drawn into the game, and story I tend to rush a bit more than come back later and explore the areas.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll just take it slow and enjoy the game. Heck, I may stay in any area for extended periods to get good Pokémon with good natures/IVs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    im going to take it slow, and try to complete as much of the 'dex as possible before the E4.

same as ive always done.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'll go through it like I do with all the other regions. First, I'd get to know a bit more about it by reading articles on the internet such as what sort of Pokemon can be found in each area so that I can plan ahead for what I would want on my team - pick those with favourable stats and avoid those with low ratings. I won't rush through the game but take it slow and steady and enjoy every single bit of it. Explore every area possible, capture all Pokemon I encounter, get every item I can get access to, talk to everyone, battle every trainer, defeat every gym leader and Elite 4 members + champion, and of course, take in all the amazing new features.

Frozthax

Youtube partner
    Years
  • I'm gonna be enoying the scenery
    But most of al, gonna do a Let's play on youtube, except i wonder how I should do that...
    I mean its a big game, just probably the important parts...but i dont know them.
    So Ill just keep you all updated then in the discriptions if something happend that i havnt recorded

but yeah, just see, enjoy and stuff^^ gonna be nice

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I hope that this will be the first game in which I am going to be able to "catch them all". Therefore I will take my time exploring and not stress through it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I have two really young kids. under 2 years. and they are a handful. so i will only be able to play when they are sleeping :(. im hoping to get through at a steady pace and actually be able to play :) never thought id be this excited as an adult for new Pokemon games haha

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I've found that for the first time since Gold and Silver, I feel compelled to catch every Pokemon I come across (well every one I've not already caught anyway). It's an interesting way to play, especially now that we earn EXP from just catching a Pokemon now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    This is something I've been debating for quite some time, and I still haven't made up my mind yet. I normally play through really slowly (to the extent that there are a lot of games where I still haven't beaten the Elite Four/main storyline), but I'm thinking I might try to play through more quickly this time. I don't have a lot of free time, so I might just try to breeze through one game and take the other one more slowly. Even when moving quickly, though, I still tend to talk to everyone I encounter and catch everything I can, so I'm not really sure how it will turn out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Slow and steady! I want this experience to last as long as possible and to not feel rushed. (What better timing then on a 4day weekend as well! Thanksgiving for Canada)

I will for once try to capture many different Pokemon instead of just my 6 team members like I usually do. I will also be in Amie a ton, as well as EV training my Pokemom to perfection.

Back