• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile How do you prepare for Community Day?

Years
    What, if any, prep work do you do before a community day?

At one point I would try and get involved in any community-driven meetups and enjoy the event that way. These days my partner & I pack a spread of food + drinks and head out for a chill park picnic (our favorite spot has a cluster of Pokestops nestled around two gyms that we can reach). My inventory usually operates at 110% capacity , so I make sure to clear out any excess items I won't be using any time soon (looking at you Nanab Berries) while keeping at least 100 regular pokeballs for my Go plus. I only play actively for a portion of the event until I get enough shinies to keep 1 of each evolutionary stage. After that it's all Go plus and relaxation.

Don't forget those Star Pieces to take advantage of that 3x Stardust bonus! Have fun catching Snivy!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I completely forgot about using a Star Piece. My only prep was hoarding/collecting Poke Balls via stops and gifts the last several days. I used an Incense for 3 hours and then called it quits. I caught 8 shiny Snivy. This was my second Community Day since I just started playing 2 months ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Lately I've been going through all of my Pokémon to cut down on what I have. I usually make sure I have enough balls, Lucky Eggs and Incense.

Years
    I completely forgot about using a Star Piece. My only prep was hoarding/collecting Poke Balls via stops and gifts the last several days. I used an Incense for 3 hours and then called it quits. I caught 8 shiny Snivy. This was my second Community Day since I just started playing 2 months ago.

Yeah, Star Pieces & Lucky Eggs are always key for these types of events but I'll still be forgetting to put 'em on sometimes haha. Woah, eight? Love to hear it, that's a great haul. Hope your shiny luck continues onto your future community days!

All I try to do is make sure I have enough Pokémon space for at least 50 mons! That's it really. Maybe I'll pop a lucky egg if there's boosted exp but even then I tend to forget often anyway haha.

Sorting my Pokemon storage can be intimidating sometimes, especially on weeks where I've neglected transferring anything. 50 spaces is a great amount to be at.

Lately I've been going through all of my Pokémon to cut down on what I have. I usually make sure I have enough balls, Lucky Eggs and Incense.

Nice, those three things are essentials. Do you try and keep any incubators on you?

50 can even be too little for me sometimes, if I'm spending more than 2-3 hours catching! Plus I use a GO Plus so it picks up things quickly. Ideally I'd have 75-100 free slots open but that is a lot and usually requires I expand storage on top of transfer stuff. Seems like I can never make it to 2k coins with the expansions I need every month or so. @_@

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Nice, those three things are essentials. Do you try and keep any incubators on you?

I keep them on me like it's crack...lol. Because I work at Round 1 an arcade and bowling center at the mall I do A LOT of walking around. So I can hit several PokeStops a day and hatch quite a few eggs.

Years
    50 can even be too little for me sometimes, if I'm spending more than 2-3 hours catching! Plus I use a GO Plus so it picks up things quickly. Ideally I'd have 75-100 free slots open but that is a lot and usually requires I expand storage on top of transfer stuff. Seems like I can never make it to 2k coins with the expansions I need every month or so. @_@

Yeah the GO Plus has been a boon to my catching⁠—only reason I have shinies at all haha. Yeah I feel you, the constant pressure to upgrade is REAL, but so is the need for bag space...the eternal struggle.

I keep them on me like it's crack...lol. Because I work at Round 1 an arcade and bowling center at the mall I do A LOT of walking around. So I can hit several PokeStops a day and hatch quite a few eggs.

Damn that's a great setup! Yeah, Incubators are probably the #1 thing I save my coins for (bag space when i'm weak). You must hatch tons of eggs, any specific pokemon you're looking for?

Back