• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: How do you sell your pokemon?

Years
    I recently Bought 12 Tins at Target For 10$ a piece. I opened up 4 tins so far and pulled some sweet Stuff:
    -Trainer Card Team Rocket HandiWork Full Art
    - 1 M Heracross Ex
    - 1 M Latios Ex
    - 4 Basic Promo Cards ( Ex Charizard /2 Blazikens and 1 PickaChu Ex Promos )
    And about 37 Reverse Holo and Holo and Reg Rares
    +20 TCGO Codes = .50 cents Each? Right?

I was Wondering How i Should List these on ebay. Just slap them on there individually for .99cents a piece?
    Or Any Ideas? I did research on latios and Heracross and it looks like selling them for anything over 5$ would be a blessing. Anyways please let me know some Tips if you have any.
    Thanks, Marcus

Years
    I recently Bought 12 Tins at Target For 10$ a piece. I opened up 4 tins so far and pulled some sweet Stuff:
    - 1 M Heracross Ex
    - 1 M Latios Ex

I was Wondering How i Should List these on ebay. Just slap them on there individually for .99cents a piece?
    Or Any Ideas? I did research on latios and Heracross and it looks like selling them for anything over 5$ would be a blessing. Anyways please let me know some Tips if you have any.
    Thanks, Marcus

Research what each card has actually sold for on eBay (and yes, you can do that) and post them with buy it now prices around the average price. At least, that's what I'd do if I actually sold cards on eBay, but the Pokemon TCG is actually the wrong TCG to collect to try to be making money. You very rarely get an ROI because the odds of pulling the big money cards is extremely low, and by and large Pokemon cards don't have resale values that rival what some game-breaking Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic: The Gathering cards can fetch.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    - 1 M Heracross Ex
    - 1 M Latios Ex

Thanks, Marcus

The TCGO tag thing is for the online game mate, you might end up confusing people if you keep it there.

You're looking at maybe $30 worth there to the right player. Maybe more depending on what rev holos/reg holos you got (things like Octillery sell for like $10, Garbador sells for like $5 etc)

M Latios EX might net you around $8, M hera probably about $5-6. the tin promos maybe $4 each. The FA Rocket HW is the big seller here, you could probs get about $8 for it, maybe more if you sell it to the right collector. Although I have seen them go for as low as $3.60 before so.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks man i really appreciate the time! Also which is the best card game to open for $&&

None. There are various cards from different sets that are worth dollar.

Max Elixir
    VS Seeker
    N
    Colress
    Trainer's Mail
    Mega Turbo

are all uncommons, but because of their wild playability they sell for between $4 and $10 each. Catch is they're mostly from different sets. If you're just getting into cards for the money I'd say quit whilst you're ahead. People who do well with selling usually have years of collecting under their belt and have their own personal collections they add into.

My best advice for you is to stock up on old tins, Ancient origins packs and, if you can find them, roaring skies or Plasma Freeze or something and don't open them. Keep them sealed. Old, sealed boosters always fetch a good price because they're out of print and near impossible to find. Keep yours safe for a few years and they'll likely triple in value down the line.

Back