• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you tell if a wild pokemon is shiny?

TripleHGogeta

D-Generation X Member
Years
  • I was just wondering, since I havent discovered one yet. does it sparkle before the battle starts like on Pokemon silver/gold

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • Yez, when you encounter one the zcreen flazhez black and zparklez apear for a moment around the pokemon. Hope that helped^_^
    BTW, I zee you're new, Welcomenezz^_-

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD

Dark_Absol

Banned
    Years
  • Because...

Lightning said:
    Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD

Thats why in Ruby/Sapphire the screen doesnt flash. Its like one normal pokemon... no flashs. But in the stats, there are the 3-stars.

Teara

Years
  • Lightning said:
    Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD
    You caught a zhiny Dusclops? Oooh! Lucky you! All I have on my Sapphire iz a zhiny Sandslash>,<
    Glad we could help ^_^

Teara

Years
  • Spoink? Gah! You're zo lucky! Spoink iz one of my favorite Pokemon, I juzt have a normal Grumpig>,< But oh well^_-'''
    Eeek! I go off topic too often @.@
    *tapez mouth zhut, continuez to type*
    Doh!
    l83

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Gee...you people are lucky. All throughout GS and RS I've never seen a shiny pokemon. I might never. :(

Years
  • Me neither... I think theres something wrong with my cart. It does flash, actually. I mean, I sharked one!

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • Dark_Absol said:
    I have one shiny voltorb and one shiny spoink (now one shiny grumpig).
    I dont know why is so dificult to find shinys in ru/sa...

this was a good question,so good that no body could answer. why should it be sooooo hard to find an alternate color pokemon, i mean if u go into the grass a shiny pokemon stands out from all the rest, i mean a shiny pkmn is just like an albino animal. :P

(make-up)i think wat they should of done is that sometimes(1%/100%chance)there would be 3 little stars that would appear in the grass/cave/water u are in and will run away.it will be just a bit slower than your running shoes, just run after it and you'll run into a shiny pokemon(you also wont run into any other wild pokemon while these stars appear)but still its not eassy since as i noted above theres only a 1 out of 100 percent chance of this happening(end of make-up)

i hope theres a better chance in fr/lg.

TripleHGogeta

D-Generation X Member
    Years
  • Well I heard from gamefaqs.com on one of the FAQs for this game that its a 1 in 65536 chance of finding a shiny pokemon, and going off topic 3 out of 65536 to find a pokemon with Pokerus, I have found a Pokemon with Pokerus, but not a shiny yet. what I have noticed is the odds are 1 out of 65536 and 65536 is the last number slot in Microsoft Excel if I'm correct which probably doesnt mean anything but it might.

goku12

Champion of Norath
    Years
  • I caught a light yellowish cascoon and evolved it.Dustox looks different, it has redish wings and can anyone tell me if it is a shiny.And I've only been playing for 101:41 when I caught it.

Jess

Banned
    Years
  • Once the Rayquaza on my Zapphire game was Zhiny x.x

o_O Teara these Z`s rock..XD

Chocobo

Beware My Choco-Fire!
    Years
  • All You Need To Know About Shinys Is NEVER GO LOOK FOR THEM.They Will Come To You. And A Star Appears And Cicrcles The Poke That Is Shiny.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • yea but the stars are barly noticable. some shinys can stand out from the normal(cacnea) so u dont need to c stars to know wat it is. some shinys barely look different(linoone) and so u need a web site with a shiny list, so u may quickly c the difference and capture it.

https://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html
    it takes long to load but its worth it, ur gonna thank me later=D
    just open this site wen u run into an unoticable shiny and capture it.
    NOTE:delibird and ryhorn might not appear

Back