• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you treat 'em?

King!

better
    Years
    What the title asks. How do you treat your cards? Mostly..I take care of them, I mean, they're all scrambled in a big bag, but...

My sister gave my mankey to the neighbor, and he wrote his name on it in red already....:(

All of his are in red....AGH! I'll trade one of my cards for my mankey...but..it has red on it....:(

Anyway, discuss...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I take care of them like an OCD-ridden maniac. Which I am. . XD

All of my cards except for Articuno (which I stole from my friend and they ruined it, not me. XD) are in mint condition. But I do have another Articuno that I got and that's in mint condition. All of them.​

IauraLucario

Eh bored.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2009
    I take really good care of them =] i put them in 2 card protectors and keep them in my collector book, never wrote on them. never scathed them, never let anyone touch them.. XD

King!

better
    Years
    xD You guys care. A lot. I got the card back. I traded it for my Pikachu. IT's kind of weird, tradding your own card to get your own card. Meh.

SylentEcho

Beyond-the-Beyond n00b
    Years
    I stopped collecting in 2003. All my cards are intact since then. They're all in card display albums.

Although I lost interest in Pokemon for a good 6 years, I haven't lost a single card in all this time.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I keep my cards in protector sheets in binders. The cards in my decks all have sleeves. I have a seperate book for my favorite rare holos and I keep my favorite VERY rare cards (mostly Japanese promos) in sleeves + toploaders. My extra cards are in boxes.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    I LOVE MY CARDS!!!!!

i put them all in my card album and the really rare ones go in protective casses even in my album

i own like 500$ in pokemon cards duh im gonna take super good care of them
    ive also spent a lot of time and money on them so ill give the best care they can have

!MajesticSmeargle!

Let's Seperate Our Worlds
    Years
    I keep my cards in protector sheets in binders. The cards in my decks all have sleeves. I have a seperate book for my favorite rare holos and I keep my favorite VERY rare cards (mostly Japanese promos) in sleeves + toploaders. My extra cards are in boxes.

LOL, that's how I am with my cards.
    I don't see how people can play without sleeves, that's horrible XD
    I have never played without sleeves.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    :O I'm very, very protective with my cards! ^_^

My little sister, however, is not - She got a Palkia G Lv. X in a booster the other day, so I bought her her own binder to keep it safe in - all her other cards are in there... but not her Palkia - I think its lost somewhere! :'(

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    My cards

i keep all my cards in a ten in order from type and and pokemon dam things full i cant wait to get more cards my deack is a god to fools who no one can beat hehehehehe.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Speaking of binders, I probably need a new one. I can't fit anymore in the one I have currently. XD

Got a spare?

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
    Speaking of binders, I probably need a new one. I can't fit anymore in the one I have currently. XD

Got a spare?
    Did you buy a binder where you can fit more sheets in? (aka you can buy new sheets when your current are full)

Or is it just that crammed with cards :P

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I'm trying to treat them well, but I like also playing with them, so if I haven't played for a while they are in album. If I use them to play I make lot decks so I can choose which one I use and my big brother and little sister plays too. But sometimes (usually) they are forgotten to Kitchen's table as we play there... Then my parents have to move them to somewhere else because they need room for food or something else and they are in puzzleballbox where I keep my damage counters and coins. Usually cards are in their own decks but sometimes those are all mixed up... So, I treat them pretty well (, but not SO well..).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I keep all of mine as neat, tidy, and unsmudged as possible, sans the Light Arcanine I sought after, even though my friend left it in his pants pocket and it went through the washer. I wanted that pretty badly. And the cards my sister "gave" me (kinda took them because I don't trust her with cards. She's as bad as Patrick with the #54 Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy card) aren't great, but they can't recieve further harm now that they're with me.

As for my 11 decks (and the rare cards that belong in the decks) I can't stand when my brother smacks them down when we're playing. I always yell at him for that, and for having sweaty hands when he plays. He's always going to lose; no use in getting sweaty over something you already know.

Back