• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast do you go throught friends?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Most of my friendships have lasted a long time. I've had the same best friends since grade four, and other good friends of mine from around that time as well. I don't recall having to actually break a friendship, but I've had friends drift (which is normal anyway). And even though everyone's scattered about at different universities, we're all still pretty close (and in some ways even closer because we don't see each other as much). I don't know what I would do without my friends. So, I wouldn't say I go through friends at all.

Years
    It's not like I "break" friendships in the strict sense of the word. It just seems like every year, I mature a lot and, therefore, grow apart from old friends and get new ones. My maturity level has changed drastically since my Middle school and Freshman days (more drastic than the average person, I would imagine), and so have my interactions and ideas of social acceptance. Kind of a "it's not you, it's me" sort of deal.

Not like I've ever had any particularly strong friendships in school; they were all just interactions at school exclusively. Outside of school, I'm pretty much alone.

Online is the same kind of deal: different friends every year, exclusive to the public place of meeting (forum threads in this case). Although, recently, I've been able to establish firm, one-on-one friendships with others that I haven't broken yet.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    There are only two friendships of mine that were broken apart. The first one was because I found out this person was using me. The second was because the girl started hating me when she found out I was gay ._.

Other than that, I have kept all of my close friendships. I always try to be a good friend, whether I get it in return or not.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Um, usually the break between friendships that happen with me are the 'moving away from each other part'. Other than that, I do go and try to pick a fight with my friends.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    So, how long do your friendships last before you/they break them and you go off to find others?
    IRL: Mine last a long while, but I'm never the one to break up the friendship.
    Online: My online friendships tend to last a very long time.

and are these often caused by you or them?
    Nope.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Breaking a friendship just basically means you're converting into a bad friend yourself. I've broken a great friendship when I was in high school once...because I wanted to hang out with the popular kids. I was so stupid. I learned a great lesson there. The online version of friendships tend to last a long time, unless we start to move away from each other.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I don't "go through" friends. Not because I don't make friends, just that I don't maintain friends closely. If I feel like someone isn't gonna make a decent friend, or if there's too much difference, I let it slide down without "abandoning" them. I live and let live, so long as they allow me to do so.

Still it's normal to lose friends occasionally, sometimes interests change or vary to the point it causes problems and that's natural. A real friend won't let that get in the way, but both parties need to be willing to compromise, and when that isn't the case, it's sometimes better to just go your separate ways peacefully rather than causing problems.

Back