• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to beat the game?

How long did it take you to beat the game the first time?

• 0-5

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • 5-10

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • 10-15

• 15-20

• 20-25

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • 25-30

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 30-35

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • 35-40

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 40-45

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 45-50

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 50+

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    How long did it take you to beat the game the first time?

It took me a whopping 33 hours, with about 2-3 hours of grinding before being able to take on the E4.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I think that it took me around 27 hours to complete my whole play through of the game, becuase of the amount of grinding I did.

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Took me around 20-25 hours. Pretty easy. I used a Guide Book, though :p

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Because I did a lot of training throughout the main storyline, I finished D/P/Pt in around 50-100+ hours.

Sgt_Grovyle

-Not a Grovyle fool!
    Years
    The first time I played pearl it took me around 30-35 hours to beat the game completely. That's not including the Pokedex though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Around 27 hours and some minutes to beat the Elite Four in Platinum, if memory serves me correctly. My time to beat the post-game activities is a bit skewed because I did go on a Pokedex-completion rampage during that time.

Petemon

GO Abra
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    dont laugh 123:31
    bettween grinding an d multitasking if i was giving it full focas it would have taken me 50-60

Years
    It took me 15-20 hours. And that's with the help of Pokesav. Towards the end, especially at the snow mountain, I wasn't finding the game fun at all. I just finished it for the sake of finishing in.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    It took me around 10-15 hours. I'm assuming about 14 hours, this is Diamond. But that is of course doing the bare minimum. This is my second, my first one took me about 21 hours. But that mountain where you find Dialga is just so annoying...

Years
    Under 25 hours.

I was racing through my Pearl like there was no tomorrow.

However I'm slowly working my way through HeartGold though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    I took nearly 50 hours :D I took my own sweet time to EV train, level, blahblahblah...and it got dragged for a longgg time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    I took me 22 hours to complete the game. Wasn't actually that hard

I beat the league the first time i went i brought 5 Lvl 55+ pokemon and one HM slave.

If you wanna beat the game fast don't just train your starter before you get past Victory Road. You have to train all your pokemon in Victory Road and the gyms.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
    It was easy, I did use a guide onlinw to beat it. But it took me 15-20 hrs.

Years
    I usually spread my time around, when start a game it takes me a few months to beat it because i play a lot of grand theft auto and call of duty, but hour wise it takes me around 32 hours, and if i played straight foward without doing anything other than training and battling it would take me around 15 hours.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    I lost my platinum game pak before i could finish my game ><
    but I finished HG in 40ish hours...

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Elite Four victory in Pearl version just under ten hours. Around 9:40 ish.
    Only used Torterra (Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Crunch, Curse) Floatzel (Aqua Jet, Surf, Ice Beam, Swift), and Staraptor (Aerial Ace.CloseCombat.QuickAttack.Toxic)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hours, I don't know, but when I first got Pearl on the sunday it came out, I beat the pokemon league that Friday.

With Platinum, well I never really finished. I got bored while playing. I need to pick it up again...for the 3rd time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back