• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did you have to wait in line?

Line length

• OMG I had to wait forever!!! (20 minutes +)

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Not that long, but I did have to wait just a few minutes.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No wait. I just walked right up and demanded my copy.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    What was your wait like when getting your copy of Black and or White? Where there a lot of people? Was the crowd (if any) made of just kids, or where there some teens and adults as well?

I knew there was going to be a crowd, so I went 30 minutes after they opened... I still had to wait over 30 minutes in line before I got to the counter. The line started at the counter, wrapped around the store before spilling into the mall. There where a lot of kids, but there just as many people my age. I even saw a couple in front of me who had a kid that was about 2 years old.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Most of the line was made up of 6 year olds. They all ordered White because "zekrom col dark and tuf blak dragon pwnd"...

I got my copy of Black and I'm happy.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Most of the line was made up of 6 year olds. They all ordered White because "zekrom col dark and tuf blak dragon pwnd"...

I got my copy of Black and I'm happy.

This make both lol and sad.

It kinda hard to find it in stores at my country, so I rather order it from internet stores any way.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Since I got there at about noon and most of the places in my town are about dead at noon on Sundays, my line actually wasn't that long. There were about four other people there picking up their copy of Black or White. The lot of them were about 8-11... I was the only person my age, lol. But I assume most of the people my age went when they opened.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Well, I went to the Midnight release! :D So thank god, I missed all the little kids, lol
    Mostly High Schoolers and adults.

Well, aside for waiting till midnight, it didn't take long. Gamestop was very organized, and had it so you payed beforehand, so when midnight came all you did was hand them your receipt and went on your way! <3

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Oh I forgot to add, I had to wait in line about 30 minutes. Was pretty boring.

I wanted to teach these minuscule people some skill with Pokemon, rather than what they usually do - catch all the legendaries, give them terrible movesets, and then think they are amazing until you beat them with a Magikarp. I gotta battle one of the kids who was bored while waiting on Platinum, and I creamed his team full of legendaries and ubers with my Magikarp! (Baton Pass and Flail!) All the kiddies around me were staring in awe as his Toys R Us Arceus was helpless against the almighty Magikarp!

At least I found some entertainment while waiting.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    I went with my wife at 10:00am to get our games. We walked in, and there was no line. There were 2 people playing the game by a table of Pokemon coloring pictures, and that was it. We get our copies, and go to walk out, and about 30 people start walking in.

Talk about luck.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Walked in around Noon and walked out with game and guide in hand less than 2 minutes later. Lucky for me, I had to be at work less than an hour later.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Are you guys serious? My area had no lines. Or crowds. I guess people aren't very lively here, even with all the Pokémon fans xD I just walked in, got my game, and then bought socks (hey, I needed new socks lol). My friend got the game in the same place right after me, and then later on, I did see a little girl and her dad looking at the games. That's pretty much it.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    none at all!!! well really i had to wait a few minutes for the guy serving me to find a ds charger for me, but really i just strutted in there fabulous as always, picked up white and proceeded to strut to the counter. maybe blame the fact it was 9:30 am on a friday so all the PEASANTS were in school. :y

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    There was no line, I walked up too the guy at Wal Mart and he opened the case I bought it right then and there and all this occurred in two minutes at the most.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I did not had to wait and besides I took my time since I had to go to other places after Best Buy. (yes, I pre-order mine there)
    I got black and white, plus volume 1 guide and I got the guide for $10 bucks since my ma had some fancy coupons... lol

Austy

Cannibal
    Years
    Haha, it took me about 5 minutes to find a worker to unlock the case at Walmart. They were all busy helping old people buy TVs and stuff rather than catering to nerds like myself. But other than that... no real wait. And no one else that I saw getting it, which made me a little sad.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I walked into Target at eight and picked up my games within like two minutes. The guy there was really nice. :>

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    At around 3pm went to EB Games - sold out. Went to Zellers - sold out. Went to HMV - sold out. Went to Toys R' Us...where a 20 something was buying Black at one till and a ten year old was buying White at the other, then I grabbed what would become my copy of Black and was on my way all in about 5 minutes. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Just went to Walmart at 11 this morning and got Black like a boss. No line at all. :) Now...the line to the self checkout...PFFT.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    I had no wait. The only people at the shop who were buying Pokemon were me and my friends xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    There was no wait at all. I went to Wal-mart at midnight. I asked the man stocking the shelves when they would be putting the game up for sale and he said right now. I bought both of them. First one there too. ^-^ Took under 5 minutes.

Back