• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did you have to wait in line?

Line length

• OMG I had to wait forever!!! (20 minutes +)

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Not that long, but I did have to wait just a few minutes.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No wait. I just walked right up and demanded my copy.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Had to go to Brothers bank first- RSB is always mobbed! so I had to wait in a long queue just to put a tenner into his bank. Then after that I popped into HMV and pick up my Pokemon Black.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    I went to Gamestop as soon as it opened. No line at all.
    Most people mobbed Walmart's midnight release while I was fast asleep. :)

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
    I was at gamestop a few minutes after the store opened at 9AM and only had to wait in line for about 15 minutes. I wish I would have gone to Walmart at midnight like some of you did though

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Didn't have to wait in line. The shop I peordered from didn't have them, so I cancelled pre-order and went to EB games, who had both + a guide. And a 30 year old there playing B/W on his DS said "if you're getting them for your son then tell him Victini isn't working yet". TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT. lol. ;__;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Went to a Gamestop in a mall, boyfriend and I loled about the drawer just full of Pokemon. He said "Pokemon Black and Pokemon White please", the guy turned left, opened a drawer, and the entire huge drawer was just filled with copies to make it easy for them.

We had to wait a few minutes but we picked up Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and our Celebis while we were there.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    Was in the mall, knew that a new Pokemon game was coming out but didn't know the exact day, went to GameStop, saw the poster that it comes out that exact day, ask if they were selling the game to people that didn't pre order (They sometimes won't sell you a game on release date if you didn't pre order). They said yes and got white. Had to wait in line for like 3 or 4 minutes.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    Not long at all. I had preordered my copy. I waited maybe five minutes and amused people with my service dog (I had a pikachu patch on his vest to commemorate the event XD). My fiancee and I walked up, got our games and guide, and walked out.

Back