• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you been playing Pokémon?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ten and a half years...that's a LONG time. Of course, on and off...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Since this thread is about videogames, it would fit better in General Pokémon Gaming.

~Moved

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    ~Well i played pokemon about 8 Years or 7 years i guess.

~Leif~

sez1992

Seeker of National Pokemon
    Years
  • I've been playing since I was 10-11years old and im 17 now, so 7 years. But I stopped for 3 years and now im playing the diamond/pearl generation :D

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Im a Pokemon Vet, since the old G/B days Ive been playing. Its been so long I cant even remember playing Red, but I know I owned it and I know how to beat the game with my eyes closed, all I really remember is beating the Elite Four with a Zapdos only and making it the greatest day of my life, after getting pwned by Lance the day before.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I've been playing on and off since I was seven or eight, so around five years, I guess.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Since I could read. Sort of before that, actually.
    I played the cards first, when I was five.
    "I put down two fire injuries on Charmander!"
    That happened a lot.
    Mispronunciations and the like.
    When I was 7, I think I started to play the game. So yeah. 8 years of Pokemon video gaming, but 10 years of Pokemon playing. :D

Years
  • I've been playing the games since about 1999 which makes it about 10 years. I didn't get into the games right away like some of my other classmates did. I ended up getting my own version after watching too many people bring their Game Boys to school with either Red, Blue, or Yellow.

Staarbit

The Brawl Addict
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    I was into it from the day they released red and blue in America. That was in 1998, so I guess it's been 11 years now. I really can't believe it's been that long xD It seems like just yesterday with that old black and white, unlighted screen of the gameboy pocket. Ahh good times, good times. But I have to say, I do prefer the colored, 3D style of PD, PP, and PPt. And I'm a pure, 100% devoted Pokemon fan and I always will be <3 I own, or have owned at one time, every single game ever released in America and I'm really looking forward to owning whatever they come up with next ^^

Theta Sigma

Bushaa!
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    The craze started in third grade for me. I was about, oh, nine? I'm eighteen now. Nine years.. heh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Errr... It was when Gold and Silver came out when I started playing, so around Eight-Nine years or so?

Back