• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you been playing?

Guest123_x1

When my cousin first got me into Pokémon by giving me Yellow for Christmas 1999, I went on to play the main series games from the first two Generations for almost the next six years, until I quit and traded in my Pokémon games I had at that time.

Several years later, around 2012 or 2013, when I was starting to go through some problems in life, I began replaying those two generations via PC-based emulators (we know how the industry frowns upon this), and finally, after being talked into it by a job coach that I worked with at that time, I purchased a 2DS and Alpha Sapphire to 'officially' get back into playing the main series Pokémon games legitimately. I followed up with Y, and then purchased the Virtual Console re-releases of Red, Blue, and Yellow for #Pokémon20, and finally got myself Moon just a few days after it came out.

Though I haven't been too active with Pokémon games as of late, these two periods total eight years (at least ten if you count my playing via emulator of the classic Game Boy games before getting my 2DS). If I hadn't given up my Game Boy Game Pak copies of Pokémon, it would've been 17 years by now of playing.

Years
    Pokemon is what got me into gaming in the first place, and I was 8 years old when I played my first Pokemon game.

So... 14 years. Good to see some fellow veterans here, too.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
    It's been 11 years for me. I was born in '98, so I missed out on the first two generations. However, my first gaming experience was Fire Red Version, played on my beloved Game Boy Micro. I liked it a lot, but that isn't what won me over to the franchise. No, the release of Pokemon Diamond is what made me fall in love with it all. Such a wonderful time to be a Pokemon player. Ahh, the memories. :)

And once I was convinced that I couldn't love the franchise more, Mystery Dungeon 2 is released shortly afterwards and I'm proven wrong. I never thought that I would like a spinoff game more than the main franchise games. But that game had me sold immediately.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I was fortunate to have a game boy as a child and my dad got me yellow. I didn't play it much though because I guess I was so small (about 5 maybe?)

I didn't really majorly play until silver came out and I played that game so much it was unreal. I remember trying to tell my dad about my adventures and he was like ???????

Somehow I ended up being there for all the games after that. Even my "break" I still came back in time for platinum. So I guess all together it's been about 17 or 18 years??? Give or take.

Jakuzure

The Snake
    Years
    I remember a classmate in school had just got Pokemon Red and let me try it to see if I liked it, and I enjoyed it so much I begged my parents to buy me a Gameboy Colour and Pokemon Blue for weeks afterwards. It was my first Pokemon game and must have been some time in 1999 (a scary thought!)

I've never stopped playing since really, and don't intend to stop any time soon. :3

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Been playing since 6, when my cousin gave me his Gameboy Colour and Pokémon Silberne to borrow. So 12/13 years.

Back