• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many days has it taken you?

monkeymandude

The Poke Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I got heart gold on wednesday. It's now sunday and i'm on/in victory road.

How many days has it taken you to complete either hg/ss?

nm legend

Years
    wel i had the game for over 2 months now and i just got 2 kanto gym badges so im never completing hg.....

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    well, on my second playthrough, I beat Johto in about a week.
    Probably same for Kanto, excluding Catching Kanto legendaries (haven't started) and Red (Just beat him yesterday.)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Seriously I finished up Soulsilver in, 2 days -3- It was too easy.
    I tried to take my time for HG and it only last me 5 days D:
    Johto is my most favourite but also the easiest to pass through ;w;

Years
    I got HeartGold the day it was realeased so I've had it about four months or so and I've just beaten Blue. Long way off from beating Red or even entering Mt Silver. I like to take my time completing games to make sure that I've done everything. Plus I've just got SoulSilver using some gift cards that I got from school. I think that it'll probably take me until Black and White are released for me to finish both games as I want to fill my Pokedex as well. Current count is 72. Gonna take a while.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    3 hours and 16 min...

atleast thats what my game clock says, i dont know how that happened.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It took me about a week to beat the Japanese HG, or.. almost beat it, before the ROM died, and I lost data. :/ So it WOULD have been within an week's amount of time. With the regular DS version, I have yet to beat it, and got a few weeks ago. I'm definitely taking my time, in comparison to people who hardcore the thing for three days straight. xD;

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    It took me about a week to beat the Japanese HG, or.. almost beat it, before the ROM died, and I lost data. :/ So it WOULD have been within an week's amount of time. With the regular DS version, I have yet to beat it, and got a few weeks ago. I'm definitely taking my time, in comparison to people who hardcore the thing for three days straight. xD;
    >.>"
    Took me three days, actually. xDD
    Played it hardcore, got it day it came out. So I was VERY excited. >.>"

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Let's see, I got the game in April or was it March, I just remember I got it the day it came out. Right now I'm up to Vermilion City. So it could take awhile.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Got it... March 25th and defeated the E4 on April 2nd. That's not that bad for me actually.

My team? Ampharos: 58, Typhlosion: 65, Jynx: 52, Wooper: 19, Fearow: 24, Sunkern: 53.

Their levels now? Ampharos: 89, Typhlosion: 100, Jynx: 73, Fearow: 24, Wooper: 19, Sunkern: 57.

And my playtime? 133:22.

Idk, I figured the extra information would help give insight :)
    -has mostly been walking around doing nothing at all-

(Oh and my team consists of Typhlosion, Ampharos, Staryu, Sunkern, Ho-Oh and someone else, who'd be my last HM slave.)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    To finish the game was 4 days but that was all day all night no sleep just pokemon it was during the holidays

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Well, at first time I've played Soul Silver I've finished it in about 4 days (16 Badges, Red, Elite 4 twice, Legendaries, Gym Leader rematches).

But the game I've finished in the shortest time was Emerald, like two days and I've beaten League and two Frontier Bosses.

monkeymandude

The Poke Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hay to all !! Thank you first for telling everyone else how long it has taken you to complete the game of Heart gold/soul Silver.

Now I know some poeple only say they have complete the games after they have got all the pokemon. Have a look at this thread (monkeymandude's baby pokemon ALL LEGIT) it's in the trade corner and on the 5th page. Please if you see anything you like dont be shy post a comment on the thread and also PM me. If I dont have the pokemon on there you want I can get it within the day! 2 days tops.

I look faward in hearing from all of you soon till we talk have a good day ;)

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    It took me about 3 days for the elite four in Johto, 6 or 7 days to all the Kanto badges and defeat red. And i just got my third star for trainer card today. so I'm a litttle close to being almost done with that.

Back