• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many days has it taken you?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i beat johto in about a week and kanto in one and a half

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Beat the whole game (with Red) within a week of launch day. Yes, I traded my Cresselia over- best choice of my life. Had a race on that, won it. My friend beat Red (easily, as well) 2 days after me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I believe it was about two weeks, maybe a bit more, to play through the entire game and slaughter Red. I think, because it was a while back and at my age the memory isn't as sharp.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Got it on launch day......... still haven't even fought the Kimono Girls.

I guess High School really does take away your free time. =/

monkeymandude

The Poke Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    so all in all on the whole it took people about a week - 2 weeks to finish the game.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    It took me a complete of 23 hours nonstop playing to beat the whole game plus Red. Very intense battling i went through, i got it a week after it came out.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    I dont rush through the game. My total time spent on the game is aound 30 hours, and im only at E4 first time round

Years
    well I've been playing since june 16 or something like that, have about 125:00 hours built up, and I'm only at the mahogany gym. I like to draw the game out by raising every single one of my pokemon, at least to lv 20. except unknown

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Took me 31 1/2 hours to get all 16 badges in Heart Gold. Currently now just trying to fill up my dex and also catch whatever Pokemon I don't have along with the legendaries.

monkeymandude

The Poke Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Started it a 2nd time now and 2 days in and just got the 6th badge, i'm trying to slow my game play at the moment.

Alex Dee Bestest

Staraptor Freak
    Years
    How Long? Well..

I got it the day it came out. Then about a month later, I beat Red at Mt. Silver. I've had the game for ,like, six months and I'm still attached to it.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i got soulsilver and heart gold the 3rd day after they came out. i beat red in 6 weeks. ( i train my pokemon to be about ten levels higher than my opponents pokemon so it took a while)

ILoveCally

Finally starting Masuda Method
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    Three days for the first 12 badges...
    fillllllllllllllllllllllllleer

Years
    A couple of days, just blitzing through it. Somewhere under 24 hours of playtime for the 16 badges. Took quite a bit longer to grind everything for Red.

Back