• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many more generations of pokemon should thier be

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    What I think the pokemon genrations should NEVER end until like 20th generation or more go pokemon go

Max210

Ultimate P\/\/ /\/3|2Z!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    However many Mario games there are when Mario ends(never >_>) Which would be A LOT of Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I don't want them to ever stop, keep it going until we all die! Even if it does go downhill, it will still keep giving me something to be excited about :laugh:

killin_kobra

Pokemon Ruler
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Keep em comin'. Everytime I beat a game about 20 times there comes a next generation. I had better hurry up.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I think Pokemon should make one more generation, but the new generation should start all over with all brand new 151 pokemon and you can never trade the old pokemon from ruby/pearl/silver...etc. :cool:

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • And the point would be...?

I don't know how many more I would want; it just depends upon what's done with those Generations, really. I certainly hope their designs and ideas improve from D/P/? though.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Hopefully they'll atleast stay around of another 10 years. A 10-year-anniversary book I read said something about 'stay with us for another 10 years!'...not that that really means anything. xD

I think Pokemon should make one more generation, but the new generation should start all over with all brand new 151 pokemon and you can never trade the old pokemon from ruby/pearl/silver...etc.
    I probably wouldn't play it much. It'd be just like FR/LG in the fact that you can't get anymore Pokemon...so dull... I dunno. It's just really really fun completing the National Dex!

they should have a game where all the regions are available, with a new one of course.
    Yea, they should. That would be really fun, but I doubt they would do it. I remember someone else on here saying that the game companies are 'money suckers' so they'd make new games for all the regions (or atleast Johto) and make them compatible with each other. I do, however, think that they would make a 3-d RP video game (possibly a wii one?) where you could play as characters from the anime (they'd better include Misty...-.-) and do the same thing that you do in the GB games: catch, raise and battle. Now -that- would be fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    I think there would be as many generations as long as the writers have imagination for them. But there will be a time where it would be repetitive, as long the publicity is still good, the writers have no reason to stop.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I agree with what Ausaudriel pointed out, Pokemon isn't going to stop unless the fans loose interest in it, which doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon. Even though, I bet it's likely Pokemon will be canceled in the USA before it's canceled in Japan, their seems to be a much larger fanbase over there.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Pokemon won't stop for the $$$$$$$$$$$ factor, but if they keep pumping out designs like Happiny, the franchise might not last as long as people think.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Okay, my friend says DP seems like the last generation but i dont like that idea. Maybe in further generation they will focus on different appearances for all pokemon, similar to shellos.

Back