• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Many New Pokemon?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    Vague almost baseless guess: 90-95 pokémon.

I think it's gonna be a small generation because I don't think the small batch contained in Kalos was coincidence - I'm pretty sure they want to downsize the generations going forward and that's not something they'll change their mind on very quickly. All that said, I do think that they'll want to be a bit less extreme than they were with the sixth generation because fans weren't overly happy with getting so few new pokémon and they must know that one of the major exciting points of every generation is seeing all the new pokémon.

90 seems like a happy middle - achieving their aim of adding relatively small numbers without being so small that fans are disappointed.

Years
    I think Francois has a good number. 90 seems like it's close enough to the 100+ new Pokemon most generations introduced, but at the same time isn't heavily disappointing.

Back