• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many People are in the Computer Career Field or studying to do so?

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
  • I'm just wondering because I'm in studying to join the career Arc. If you are in this career do you have your certifications in Microsoft or CompTIA or Cisco? Do you enjoy the work you do?

Years
  • I'm still a student at the moment but I'm currently studying A level ICT which is kind of like the first stepping stone to get into a career any ICT job. I'm hoping to study secondary ICT teaching though in university.
    Since I'm not in a career though I don't have any certifications in the areas you mentioned or any others. Nor do I enjoy it hate what I do because I don't have a career in it yet.

Years
  • I'm still a student but I have aspirations to go into the IT field as a career.. if that collapses then I'll go into the computer science field of study.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm not in the career at the moment, but have Apple certifications. I'm actually slowly working my way through the uni classes required for ICT, albeit slowly, and am being considered for a job teaching elementary kids how to use productivity software and proper keyboarding technique.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • By slowly participating in the RH section I'm learning about ASM. I hope to actually learn Objective-C for reals soon (when summer rolls around) but as of now I'm confused on how anything even works (or doesn't).

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I am a full time Application developer...

That usually translates to a lot of serverside application code in languages like PHP and Java, though I do write standalone applications in C as well.

I am currently trying to wrap my head around the LISP dialects Common LISP, and Clojure as a hobby, but will eventually be used for some freelance projects I am working on.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I'm studying the field myself I'm @ a two-year college right now that focus on the certifications for the field. My college is a Microsoft Academy so my professors really focus on that. As of right right now I have no certification but I do plan on taking my CompTIA A+ real soon.

Back