• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many shinies did you encounter in a Friend Safari?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • Thanks guys for all your responses and experiences so far! ^_^

Since so many of you already replied, I guess there is maybe a chance that the rate of encountering shinies occurs (obviously now) faster than when looking for a particular Pokemon in the wild.

Makes shiny hunt in the Safari a lot easier. ;)

Years
  • Yeah, I've caught 2 shinies so far from the FS, a shuppet and a teddiursa. Maybe it has something to do with the limited pokemon within a FS? Idk, but I'm enjoying it. Only downside, for me, is it's a random shiny and not one you might be looking for at the time, but hey SHINY!

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Yeah, I've caught 2 shinies so far from the FS, a shuppet and a teddiursa. Maybe it has something to do with the limited pokemon within a FS? Idk, but I'm enjoying it. Only downside, for me, is it's a random shiny and not one you might be looking for at the time, but hey SHINY!
    not considering you have literally no control over nature/moves/ability/ivs XD thats why i m not doing safaris for shinies anymore (that timid 10-12-31-31-16-9 female phantump was a really trashy one ;))

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2013
    The very first time I went into one of the safaris and the very first wild pokemon I encountered was a shiny Spheal. If the rates of pokemon being shiny are higher there I will definitely be going into them more often :D

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I've found a shiny Mienfoo during my first visit to the FS. It was so odd, my first time in the safari, my first shiny in this gen :) It was hasty nature, I was praying to have a decent nature at least, but hasty seems ok.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I haven't been in the friend safari yet, but I found a shiny Cubone in glittering cave while searching for a female Mawile. c:

Those are the best kinds of shinies to find...the ones you don't look for and have the lowest chance of encountering :)

Congrats!

Years
  • Those are the best kinds of shinies to find...the ones you don't look for and have the lowest chance of encountering :)

Congrats!

Haha, I agree! Thank you! Cubone is super cute too so that's a bonus!
    My first Shiny (The cubone is my second) was just a Drifblim(?) on White II. It was another wild encounter but I never used it on my team or anything. ) : Thank you again! :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I haven't encountered any at the moment, but by the sounds of it they're pretty common in Pokemon Safaries! Perhaps I should spend some more time in some of my friends'. Although, my sister did find a shiny Poliwhirl in my safari if that's any consolation, haha.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Really do not get how you people are encountering so many shinies. I haven't in my whole pokemon career found a single shiny. I've had maaaaaaaany play hours mind you. (500+ in leaf green and 300+ in sapphire and emerald combined, roughly 200 hours in platinum and like 300 hours in total in platinum, heart gold and bw 1 and 2)

Years
  • I've always been an unlucky one with shinies, so I have only found one in the safari which was a Gabite, too bad shiny Garchomp looks basically the same. (Why couldn't they have kept the intense blue that Gabite has for Garchomp? D: )

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • I encountered a shiny female Pyroar in a Friend Safari myself, but when I went back to purposely hunt a shiny a day after, I found nothing. :c

Caiustheblack

Years
  • IMPORTANT NEWS: after all the frustration, I ve been able to find out why iI did spend 18 to 20 hours in pokemon Y's friend safari and found 0 pokemon in it.
    Basically, pokemon Y belongs to my brother (and to another 3ds system) so i didnt Game Sync with that 3ds until now.
    I then logged into my brother's Pokemon Global Link Account and i used the Game Sync to link the Pokemon Y code to the account.
    With the first game sync already done, I decided to go online again on the 3ds and visit again the same Friend safari i ve been roaming into for hours.
    The Fifth pokemon encountered was a Shiny Protean Frogadier.
    Long story short, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO FIND SHINY POKEMON IN FRIEND SAFARI UNLESS YOU LINK YOUR GAME SYNC CODE TO YOUR PGL ACCOUNT.
    I m not sure but i think this info belongs to a sticky XD

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    guhh until now i still don't have shinies coming from a friend safari.. i'm really unlucky.

Years
  • I don't have a PGL account but I still managed to find shinies though. (Some took a while, but still)

It might be a coincidence, who knows.

Caiustheblack

Years
  • I don't have a PGL account but I still managed to find shinies though. (Some took a while, but still)

It might be a coincidence, who knows.
    i must assume at least it is required to get the INCREASED shiny rate (i know its all about luck but i had literally thousands of safari encounters without a single shiny and then, RIGHT AFTER GAME SYNC i get a shiny?)
    It is not a coincidence, trust me lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Still trying to get my first encounter with a shiney............... =(

Back