• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many times has education confused you?

Years

• So... this does... wait what?
    Yes, I do understand that picture! It is called an L-System and I am using it for a part of my procedural generation program

Have you ever been presented with a problem or a piece of work that has made your brain explode into mush and fall out of your ears?
    If so, what was it?
    Was there anything that you understood very quickly that no one else could grasp?
    If so, what was it?

For me, I didn't struggle with much in the education system before University, I got to grips with it pretty quickly, but with Artificial Intelligence at level 3 in University, God it makes my brain hurt a lot. I am doing fine in it by getting 60% - 79% (Highest and lowest marks) but it does take me a while to read over it. Haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Have you ever been presented with a problem or a piece of work that has made your brain explode into mush and fall out of your ears?
    If so, what was it?:
    Most of the time, this happens to me in physics, particularly on which formula to use in a particular problem.

Was there anything that you understood very quickly that no one else could grasp?
    If so, what was it?
    : Most of the time, it's math-related, but recently, it's quadratic equations.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Music Theory. Yes, I am a Music Major. However, in my senior year of high school I got put in AP Music Theory with no prior experience. I had taken band, but I was playing the trumpet which wasn't even a concert pitch instrument.

I was screwed over in that class from the very beginning. I could not understand anything. It made me feel so dumb and worthless.

I still decided to major in music when I entered college and when I took Music Theory there it made completely and total sense. So yeah, I'm not sure what happened there.

I can't really think of anything that I learned quicker than everybody else... I guess I'm just naturally a slow learner. D:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Have you ever been presented with a problem or a piece of work that has made your brain explode into mush and fall out of your ears?
    If so, what was it?

Yes. Something related to English.

If so, what was it?

Yes. A certain something in probability.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Have you ever been presented with a problem or a piece of work that has made your brain explode into mush and fall out of your ears?

Yes.

If so, what was it?

Calculus.

Yes.

If so, what was it?

Everything but calculus. (Seriously.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

It's called math. :D Oh, and reading books. If I see a big blob of black text, the likeliness of me bothering to read it are slim to none. Don't get me wrong, I can read just fine, but seeing a big wall of text makes me shut the book.

If so, what was it?

Answered.

Playing the clarinet idek. lol

If so, what was it?

Just answered that omg go way ;-;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Partial Differential Equations for Finance. That entire class was way over my head, and it certainly didn't help that the professor was 67 years old and couldn't speak English or write clearly on the board...

I used to be able to pick up on math and science concepts pretty quickly in high school, but uni is a whole different animal altogether.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I think it was Co-Ordinate Geometry but I had a hard time understanding it when everyone else found it easy -.-

If so, what was it?:

IT being my best subject I was able to grasp more quickly than others.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I absolutely cannot wrap my head around languages. I have attempted learning French and German in the past, and right now I could probably tell you about a handful of words from each language.

I heard that languages are easier to learn when you're speaking them, maybe it's just the classes at my school were terrible, because we only wrote the same simple sentences over and over. I don't think I was the only one that struggled with them.

Luckily, every time I've spoken to someone when I'm in mainland Europe, they've spoken English anyway.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    If so, what was it?

Yup. That would either be related to Physics, Maths or Accounting.

If so, what was it?

Oh, yes. It was Covalent/Ionic bonding in chemistry, and the sharing of electrons. I can't quite explain on how I manage to learn it quickly since frankly, I also don't know.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    If so, what was it?

Yes. Maths, i used to be really good at it and now i just fall asleep at the back of the class room.

If so, what was it?

Yes, religious education, i am just weird i guess.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Always in maths, never with anything else. I hate numbers and formulas and maths just confuses the hell out of me (except algebra, which I am really good at).

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • Always in maths, never with anything else. I hate numbers and formulas and maths just confuses the hell out of me (except algebra, which I am really good at).
    this
    Certain math things. I stink at math.

Back