• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Much do you Know about CSS?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
  • I knew a bit of CSS design for a number of years but only really dived into learning about it in the last year or so. My main objective for doing so, aside from having to publish my own 100% from scratch website as part of a important assignment, was to be finally able to style fancy Tumblr themes, and, with that accomplished, I looked into some of the newer CSS stuff. I can do animations and other on-hover effects from scratch, though I am a bit rusty.

Duckface

Eating Souls Everyday
    Years
  • I knew a bit of CSS design for a number of years but only really dived into learning about it in the last year or so. My main objective for doing so, aside from having to publish my own 100% from scratch website as part of a important assignment, was to be finally able to style fancy Tumblr themes, and, with that accomplished, I looked into some of the newer CSS stuff. I can do animations and other on-hover effects from scratch, though I am a bit rusty.

Same here, however I decided to quit on HTML all together, then learn the complicated languages. Since quiting HTML I've learnt C++, Ruby, Python, C, Java, Batch, Javascript, and most importantly I've learnt C# so I can design games on unity!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I call myself a kind of patch-job artist. I've been working with CSS since I was 15 pretty on and off.

What I know about CSS is definitely enough to create an operating layout, and probably one that is up to decent standards. I have a good design sense, but I'm not very intimate with the code, so I don't exactly know all of the tricks I can do with it. Thus, I mostly take pre-existing layouts and modify them beyond recognizability. Once I have the base, and I see what other people have done, I can take that and make it resemble moreso what I desire. To me, that's pretty fun. I've been working on my Tumblr layout with another person for several months and recently figured out how to expand the width. It's always a good feeling when you learn how to do a new thing like that. I'll probably continue to dabble in web design for quite some time, as I have plans to make other websites as well. But nothing that goes into the more complex codings like Javascript.

My favorite CSS code is probably border radius. I really hate pointed edges and just love the more friendly-looking circular borders. They make everything look more modern.

Still, it's not all that complicated. This is coming from someone who is ridiculously intimidated by all forms of computer coding and has a brain that is easily confused. If I can pick up CSS, I imagine almost anyone can.

Years
  • I've recently become interested in web design, so have been experimenting lately. I've got no sense of design though. :/ Also took some classes when I was in high school, but you were sorta expected to pick up CSS on your own there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    i have dabbled in css when myspace was around , purely for presenting my profile. nothing serious. lingos share the one or others thing it makes it easier seeing through codes that you aren't familiar wiith.

Back