• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how much do you listen to music per day??

Years
  • A lot, if I'm honest. I have about 1,500 songs on my iPod/iTunes and the count keeps increasing alongside my music taste. I listen to it whilst I'm on my laptop doing things like spending time on PC, and whilst I'm travelling (so a lot, it's an hour and half to and from college, each, as well as having to walk to work and my friends' houses), and when I'm studying. Hell, I spend about 50% of my waking hours listening to music, maybe 45%.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I can gaurentee that my earphones and music collection are no more than 2 feet away from me at all times. The only time I'm not really listening to music are in situations that require my full undivided attention.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I listen to music when I travel, not only it makes it less boring but also I get the feeling of not being alone by myself.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I listen to music because silence drives me insane and I can't handle it. It stresses me out too much.

Have you heard the song Car Radio by Twenty | One | Pilots? Cause that's pretty much what it's about. The singer's car radio got stolen in college and the time he had to drive in his car without music made him lose it. Music really takes away those thoughts from the past we hate and always makes our troubles away. It's a good song and good group if you haven't heard it or them yet. :)

Anyway, more on topic. I usually listen to music at least once a day either on the radio , on iTunes, Spotify or on Youtube. I try to listen to music at least once a day cause personally it's hard living without. A song will get in my head and then I'll feel an urge to listen to it and then I will just listen to several songs after that. Most days I listen to music between 1 -10 times , 5 times is probably average. I'm pretty much a music addict.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I usually listen to music when I have nothing to do and am just zoning out, like when I'm in the car or taking the bus. I know some people listen to music while they work but I could never do that - maybe when I'm drawing, but when I'm actually trying to write or something I find music very distracting, even if it's just a vocal-less track.

I've tried listening to music as I go to bed, but I always wake up with my earphone cords in tangles or my iPod on the floor.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I have several music playlists which I play for most of the day on a daily basis. If I'm browsing the forums, playing Pokémon or completing Homework Tasks I'm always listening to my favourite tracks in the background of whatever I do.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I always find it weird that some people put headphones in for almost everything. I don't find music good in certain situations, like walking or running. I absolutely hate it.

I love music while driving or being driven. When I would take the bus home from work/school and pass the beach, I would pop in my headphones and listen to some soul-searching tunes as the sun set. THAT is my favorite time to listen. Or when it's raining and driving. :D

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I probably listen to a good 30 minutes of music / day
    If I'm driving, I'm listening to music
    If I'm running a lot of errands and have other things going on (Doctor?), I could listen to an hour+ of music at a time

If a new album comes out by a favorite artist of mine, I'll listen to the whole thing in one shot

Back