• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how much do you listen to music per day??

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    i notice that some people really love music. Even in the morning, they would put a headphone on. i don't understand why they don't get annoyed of the sound.

Years
    Nowadays I don't listen to music that much, sometimes in the car and sometimes when I feel like listening to a certain song. I used to listen to music every day, every morning, on the bus, doing homework, going to sleep....now I just don't listen very much. :/

Years
    I listen to music as often as I can throughout the day, especially when I'm not in a good mood; the sight of headphones keeps unwanted social interaction away for the most part. It's also just a calming activity, and helps alleviate any worries or stress. I have multiple playlists on my phone for different scenarios, like something to pump me up before a work out. n__n

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I listen to music because silence drives me insane and I can't handle it. It stresses me out too much. My listening times are when I'm driving to/from school, anytime I'm not on Netflix at home, and any time during school when I can/it feels necessary (aka someone I dislike is talking and I don't have the patience to listen to them).

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    whenever I can. on weekends, pretty much all the time I'm doing something that doesn't require me to be listening to something else. I'm always trying to absorb music I've never heard before or familiarize myself with albums I'm digging.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I listen to music as long as I can - especially when
    • driving (to be honest, most of the music on the radio is terrible/sucks), my cell phone plays music (not at really good quality, but still acceptable)

• when feeling sad/lonely/depressed it helps to take away the sad feeling and cheers me back up (it helped me a lot in March when my grandma passed away)

• I also listen a lot to music when nothing good is on TV, or when I'm waiting between shows - I know I will be listening to music during the World Cup - between games and during the half-time

• when I'm playing video games (also to be honest, most of the music in games sounds terrible for me).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to listen to music literally all day, but I've noticed recently that I can't do that. It becomes a distraction to me and I have a hard time focusing on something that I'm doing with music playing. If I had to average it out per day, I'd say maybe about two hours.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Usually, I listen to music only throughout the morning; without them, my day just doesn't seem to have the... right start, so to speak. :( From time to time, I'd also listen to them while getting back home from either work or class. While I'm at my house, I'd do it only when I'm in the mood to listen something in particular.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I don't think that there has ever been a point in these last couple of years where I don't have music in my mind. Music is just.... great. I love it. It gives me a way to relate to people, and a way to block unwanted social interactions.
    Just as an example:
    On Last.FM, last week, Coldplay wen't from 62 plays, to 203. Addiction, or love? You decide.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I listen to music almost all the time. I listen to it when I sleep, wake up, walking down the street, going to school, all the time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It fluctuates from day to day. I just made a new last.fm account last week, but most of the music I listen to is from Youtube mixes or albums. I'd say at least 2-3 hours of music a day, I like to listen to them while I'm on the internet. Also, I listen to a lot of music while in my car, or even at work. I put my phone in a cup and listen to music kind of like a speaker.

Years
    Actually haven't been listening to music all that much these days, other than the regular jams during drives to school; can't be spending 30 minutes in silence D: The past few days though, I've been vigorously playing video games, and majority of the time, I don't listen to music while playing. I do sometimes miss plugging in that earbud, and drowning out every other sound in the house.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I don't listen to it as much as I should. When I do, it's usually because I want to focus on something, or I'm having a horrible day at the moment too. Depending on my mood, I usually end up listening to something that relates to what I am feeling. Music helps me tune things out, so I always find myself listening to it when I don't want to be bothered by others. Even though most people are too blind to see the headphones in my ears. Music, especially Simple Plan, has helped me through a lot of the tough times I've had. It's also kept me from self-harm. I haven't relapse in months since I've gotten back into music, which is a record for me.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    All the time, literally. The only reason I haven't been listening to it when I sleep is because our landlady and her daughter seem to have a problem with it, and I don't have very good speakers (2003-model Gateway stereo).

On the first I'm buying a $30 pair of wired stereo headphones that should be decent enough with bass for me to accept. So far everything say for my now broken earphones crumble when I listen to bass at all, and these cheap Apple earbuds don't play it at all.

Music is oh-so-vital to my life. It keeps emotion flowing through me, as I listen to music that matches how I want to feel. I hate school so much because of their idiotic ban on headphones everywhere. My old high school at least allowed them in the halls and at lunch/after school (along with phones and MP3 players), but my new high school didn't allow them anywhere at all ever, which is just plain ♥♥♥♥in' stupid. It pisses me off so much when people take away my access to music, since I'm apt to become incredibly agitated without it. *sigh*

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I pretty much listen to music all day, I prefer it to TV and movies, and sometimes I'm literally too lazy to play video games. My iPod doesn't actually have much music though because I can never be to buy it, so I just listen to the same songs over and over again usually :) I never really get sick of it though, music helps me to do other things like read and drink tea, and sometimes on different days you can listen to the music with a whole new perspective, which changes the whole song.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    While music helps me focus on things, I haven't been listening to it much because I've been watching the 2014 FIFA World Cup on TV. And I just haven't really been listening to it very often. When I do, however, I usually listen until someone else comes into the room as I don't really like listening with earphones in.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I listen to music at least once a day no doubt about it. It's inevitable. Whether on the radio, TV or on my laptop, phone, advertisement etc.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Not really all the time. I usually listen to music on the way to places, to prevent boredom on the trip. When at home, I just listen to covers in Youtube, and probably a new song - but that's about it. So, yeah, music is just a boredom killer for me. xD

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Near always if I can help it! Though that usually entails just home and work. When I'm out and about I don't really bother unless I'm in the car with the radio. My work permits me to put earbuds in and listen to music, since all of its computer work and kinda boring without little 'pick-me-up' tunes. At home, if I'm on the computer I'm listening to music. But there are those quiet moments where I won't play anything - such as now!

This usually happens when I'm tired. uvu;

Back