• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How nerdy are you?

Years
    Uh... tbh, not terribly. I'd have to actually buy and watch/play things actively to really consider myself nerdy. I don't do any of that right now. I am such a recluse! D: But what I like I can get a bit obsessive over. Quietly, but still obsessive.

I've been here over 8 years and still play the main Pokemon games, although not nearly as often as I used to. Does that count...?

Years
    I guess the fact that I've spent every day in the summer break so far on my computer either lurking a pokemon forum, watching anime or drawing concept branding for people I don't know I'd say I was pretty nerdy.
    The nerdiest thing I'd say I've ever done was probably the noise that I made when I saw these in one of those clothing shops where they get their stock from companies that've produced too much. As you can tell I immediately spent what little money I had left on buying them. And quite a bit more. Woops.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I play video games. Alot.
    I know more crap from the 80's and 90's than I probably should. I swear to god I'm a 90's kid that looks like a 14 year old. Not one of those false ones who claim they are just because they remember the old CN...
    When I watch and play something, I have to analyze and criticize it, instead of just sitting down, shutting up, and enjoying the game.
    I own a Sega Genesis, NES, Super Nintendo and N64.
    Organized all my games, from system to alphabetical order.
    I spend almost no time offline. God I'm pathetic...
    I still like Legos. But thats probably just my inner manchild.
    And I'm on a Pokemon forum. That pretty much sums it up.

SO...7.8

Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle

I like superheroes.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2012
    I swear I'm like the only girl in my dorm complex who plays video games. Besides that, you'll have to define nerdy more clearly. Can't really think of anything else off-hand..

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

Oh come on, I can't have been the first person to think of this? Ah well...

In public, when the conversation ever turns in the direction of film or television, there's no shutting me up. Not just about whether I like/disliked a particular cultural property, but regaling trivia about the production histories, cast-mishaps on set, and especially any awards potential of the stuff in question. If there's one thing that I'm crazy-obsessed and nerdy over, it's entertainment awards. No idea why, but ever since I was about 12, I've reeeeeeeeeeally done my research on them. And if any talk of Oscars comes up amongst my friends, I just go into full on nerd-mode! :D

I'd consider my time spent here a lot nerdier, but no one really knows about it in my offline life so yay?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Depends sweetie, are we going on society standards or true nerd standards?

As for me, I'm pretty much a walking encyclopedia of Nintendo knowledge. Not just common knowledge, I mean down to nitty gritty and obscure. For example, with a Super Mario Bros conversation, I'll always talk about some random fact, such as the first level you start off with 400 game seconds. Then I'll mention how some of the levels are reused, such as World 2-2 and 7-2, then I'll somehow bring up the 6502 processor, and then I'll mention 6502 ASM and some of my projects, then talk about the z80 micro processor, then brings to Pokémon, and then me explaining how the infamous Mew glitch works, then I'll just mention the 25 Pokémon space gap in the GBA Pokémon games, (there are 25 Pokémon "shells" stored in between gen 2 and gen 3 that use a "??" as their image, you ROM hackers would know =p). Then I'll somehow end up talking about Metroid's lore, and then segway into talking about Gunpei Yokoi.

Yeah, calling me a Nintendo nerd is an understatement, I mean I know it from a gaming point of view, programmer point of view, and historic point of view. I made a Nintendo fansite to show off news, my hacks, cosplays, comics, and a lot of obscure humor. =p

Moving on to other nerdy things, does programming for fun make me a nerd?

Also it's not that known, but I'm a huge DC comics nerd, also a huge fan of the DC Animated Universe, mostly due to Batman (Kevin Conroy! <3).

I constantly make programming jokes or just algorithm jokes in real life.

Also I count in Base 16.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Anime cons @(MCM london) Cosplay, talking about games at work, Beta testing several MMO, Testing some TTe gear, Beta testing the LEGO games (so much fun) and I still collect pokemon and yu-gi-oh cards... Total nerd here.

Back