• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you think ash is?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    hm... about... 13-15?

then again, it could be like the simpsons where it only SEEMS like time is mmoving when it hardly isn't... IIRC somebody on the simpsons said that everytime Lisa has a pirthday, she's 8 and she turns 8 o.O that's proof that time is messed up... (although thee was this holloween special and part was like 25 later on o.O)

but all in all, it doesn't matter. they're all just TV shows, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Kanto- 11yrs old (By the time Kanto ended)
    Orange League- 11yrs old (That probably took a good six months or so in Pokemon time)
    Johto- 12yrs old (By Johto end)
    Hoenn- 13yrs
    Battle Frontier- 13/14 (Another good amount of months of battle, most likely 14 by this time)
    Sinnoh- He will probably be 15 halfway through Sinnoh

That is the best way to look at it, since it takes about a year for the actual Region adventures to pass by, and 6 months for the mini sagas to pass by.
    Definatly agree. I don't think It's Like He's not growing at all, because of the voice change in BF, He sounds much more like a teenager.

Hissy Fit

Paranoia + Insomnia= Me
    Years
    Not to mention Bart and Lisa have had about 3 birthdays each XD

I think he's about 14/15. His Sinnoh outfit definatly makes him look older

I agree. I'd say he's at least 15. I'd give a bunch of really interesting examples and facts to back up why I think this...but none come to mind right now. ^ ^'

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    The show has specifically stated that a year has passed multiple times, about 4 if I recall correctly, so technically, he's about 14 atm... This also makes me think max will have ralts/other when he returns in D/P, as he was almost 10 when he was with ash and them, and ash/dawn have been together a year (revealed in clip show), so max is bound to be 10 already...

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
    in the new diamond and pearl episodes on cartoon network he sounds about 14-15. oh by the way, on the first hoen episode, may says she is 10, i mean is she hellas she looks bloody 14!

zachs06

Kakashi's face
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2008
    Ash should be 20 at this point, but that would ruin the whole show.

And I liked his old hat better.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    He was ten years old when he left. It took him a year to clear each region, and about half a year for the Orange Islands. Then there's the Frontier saga, so he should be around 14, and 15 when he finished Sinnoh.

zachs06

Kakashi's face
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2008
    I want the old crew back.
    Dumdum, Lover-boy, stupidhead
    We all know who's who

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Ash is definitely 17-19, Dawn IS 10 because thats when pokemon journeys start and Sinnoh has NOT gone on for a year (pokemon time) yet, Misty is about 21, Brock is about 25-28, May is probably 14-15, Max was 8 during the start of Hoenn so he must be at least 10 and...I think that's it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd assume he's thirteen by now, but I don't think Pokemon is the sort of series where the characters grow older.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    He looks fourteen to me. but after all the seasons he should be..... 21? XD

zachs06

Kakashi's face
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2008
    Cute, and while that's not so censored, that's just baiting.

If you don't care to re-edit, I'll do it for you. Heh.

:p There, I childed it down, are you happy with that? :p

Back