• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old is James anyway?

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The writers don't want them to age. Has ash ever looked older? Has Misty ever looked more "developed" during the years? No. Most likely, James is the same age as he was in the beginning of the series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2008
    I have left playing this game.But Answer to your question is Early 20's

Years
    In the Birth of Myuutsu CD Drama, Miyamato (Musashi's/Jessie's mother) lamented in real time (when Myuutsu/Mewtwo was with Sakaki/Giovanni) about her daughter being an unmarried hag, which Japanese culture means over 25. Since Musashi and her partner are more or less the same age, go with that with him. By now, be not quite 30, but close.

I'll provide linkage to the translation when I can.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    In the Birth of Myuutsu CD Drama, Miyamato (Musashi's/Jessie's mother) lamented in real time (when Myuutsu/Mewtwo was with Sakaki/Giovanni) about her daughter being an unmarried hag, which Japanese culture means over 25. Since Musashi and her partner are more or less the same age, go with that with him. By now, be not quite 30, but close.

I'll provide linkage to the translation when I can.

Ah I see, that clears things up, ah ha poor Jesse(even her mom calls her a hag).

So late twenties then. Wow, 4kids were way off.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    So late twenties then. Wow, 4kids were way off.

That's par for the course where 4Kids is concerned. Usually it's way worse (i.e. Sonic X).

Regarding Team Rocket, in the words of Brock from Pokemon SPC:

"You're fifteen years older than us, yet you continue to stalk us everywhere we go. Why don't you tell ME what that sounds like to you."

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Well Psypoke's says:
    Jessie was 24 in the first apperance
    James was 24 as well...

Weird.. there probs like 30 now..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Many animated series never let their character develop in age. I've gotten the impression that they often do in anime, though...? But since pokémon is 'somewhat' directed to children, and a new generation children is due to be caught on the creators' hook like, each year, it's better if the main characters stay like they are (since it's proven they're popular) only with small changes now and then (Misty-May-Dawn, Brock-Tracey, pokémon come and go) for the ones who actually do follow it.
    It's what I think, at least ^^ but feel free to crack my bubble.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree with icaica only Ash is probably the same age as Dawn (!) since he never ages. Misty was like, 12-13 and Brock was probably around 14-15. James does look about "fifteen years older" than the main guys.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    In the Japanese version of Ash Catches a Pokemon, Kasumi states her age as ten. Therefore, speculation on her age is useless.
    Ash - 10
    Misty - 10
    Brock - older than 10 but younger than 17
    Jessie - 25
    James - 25

Also Pokemon doesn't use ages because if the characters aged on a show that has an indefinite amount of episodes, Ash will be fourty when the series finally does end.
    -_-
    I do admit, I like to pretend Shinji is older than 10 so I feel less like a pedophile... but even then, does Shinji look ten to begin with? Therefore, no matter what, I shouldn't be considered a pedophile.
    ^personal issue

Lash

Years
    I do admit, I like to pretend Shinji is older than 10 so I feel less like a pedophile... but even then, does Shinji look ten to begin with? Therefore, no matter what, I shouldn't be considered a pedophile.

To be truthful, he actually looks like he is 13-14. In previous episodes, such as the Shirona/Cynthia appearance, remember how Paul had Pokemon from other regions? I didn't see the episode in English for myself, but a friend of mine who understands Japanese said that Paul had friends from other regions who helped him obtain Pokemon such as Murkrow, but eh.
    Plus, if he is 10, how in the world does he have a Torterra already?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    ^personal issue

His facial features do make him look much older. Hmmm, maybe he's just short( XD ). To me he looks about 15 actually.

I don't consider shota the same thing as pedofilia though. I know a lot of people who like it but they don't like real kids that way.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    o-o

Omigosh.. I dunno how old he is now.
    If you wanna get technical, none of the characters are supposed to have aged at all, since the series started.
    & back in '98 I had a Nintendo Pokemon guide/book thing, and it said Jessie and James were both 18, at the time.
    Alot of people say Ash is 15 now, even though the show has been running more than 5 years, they still haven't really aged, so..
    Going by that, James would probably be mid-20's.

Back