• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old where you when you started playing pokemon/what age did you start liking pkmn

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    When I started I got pkmn crystal as a christmas present at the age of 6.
    Though the first time i had actually a love for pokemon was at 3 watching the tv show

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I was 10 years old when Pokemon first came out, and I actually hated it until I was around 11/12. But after that I got hooked, and I haven't stopped liking it since. ^^

Years
    I can't remember exactly. The first game I got was Pokemon Blue, which was either in '98, or '99. So, I guess it was when I was 6 or 7. =P

eevee00

Prof Oak's Aide
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    I think I was 8, on the last day of the school year we were all allowed to bring in Toys, about half the school brought in their Gameboy with a Pokemon game, I saw them all playing and having fun so I begged my parents for a green Gameboy colour, which I got about a week later. It was the year 2000 so I saw gold and silver at the shop, but I chose to buy the Yellow version.

Then I went to my granny's house and started playing immediately, before I left I was in the Pewter Gym, and because I had no idea how to play the game I took Brock on with Pikachu, Rattata, Pidgeotto, Metapod, Nidoran (m) and Nidoran (f) and somehow, I won. =]

I think I managed to get to Cinnabar island before I realized how to properly play Pokemon, so I changed Ratticate for Snorlax, Nidorina for Zapdos. (I kept Pikachu, Pidgeot, Butterfree and Nidoking)

Before I went on holiday the next year I was given Gold Version which blew my mind, the new Pokemon, the fact they could eat berries, the day and night modes, the improved graphics etc. For the first time I was given a choice of three Pokemon to start with, I went with Totodile. When I beat the elite four my team was Feraligtr, Sentret, Noctowl, Corsola, Sudowoodo and Ho-oh, but by the end of the game it was Ho-oh, Lugia, Zapdos, Mew, Mewtwo and an undefeated Snorlax. Not a very balanced team I know, but I was young and still under the impression that Legendaries defeat all other Pokemon. (And all mine were at Lv.100, which took ages, but was worth it)

I was really weird with my Gold version, my Pokedex was full, I had beat the Elite Four 251 times and the timer was saved at excatly 251 hours, in Red's space on Mt. Silver. I also formed the "Elite Four" at school with my friends, none of our challengers ever beat us, but to be fair we only had about five of them...

Wow, I wrote quite an essay, sorry about my stupidly long reply.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I got Red, along with a Gameboy SP, for my eighth birthday. I didn't really start obsessing over it until about last year, though.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    4 or 5....Gawd I saw the anime and I was like "Omg! this is awsome!" Lawl. I was so obsessed with it. I only started playing the games in 2005. So addictive =D

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I was five when pokemon Red and Blue came out. Blue was my second gameboy game, and I loved it and still do!

Leaf_PKMN-Trainer

Gardevoir Fangirl
    Years
    Well..lets see. I started playing in 1996, its now 2008 so 2008 - 1996 = 12 and I'm 20 years old so 20 - 12 = 8. So I was 8 years old when I first got into Pokemon. Man, its been along time..now I feel old..

Tobi-kun

All hail Tobi, Our master
    Years
    when i was 5 years old i got a gameboy color woth pokemon crystal version and thats when i started playing pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    '99. I was 6. ;o
    I jumped off the bandwagon at around the GSC era and hopped back in a while before D/P came out in Japan. I was 13, I think.

Back