• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How strong is pikachu?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    i kno this is a anime and things don't make sense but, at the end of every season pikachu helps ash get the last badge, then in the next season its like its a whole new pokemon. thoughts?

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I've always thought that the gym leaders have got stronger from season to season. So for instance:

Roark was as strong or possibly stronger than Juan. So for Ash its just climbing and climbing in levels. Otherwise the first few gyms would be so easy for Ash that he would defeat them easily which would be kind of boring.

Years
    I've always thought that the gym leaders have got stronger from season to season. So for instance:

Roark was as strong or possibly stronger than Juan. So for Ash its just climbing and climbing in levels. Otherwise the first few gyms would be so easy for Ash that he would defeat them easily which would be kind of boring.
    That's probably the way it works. There is no way he would be battling level 10 gym leaders right? That's not his style :P Ash needs more of a challenge.

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008

it just depends on how strong you think ASH is. I like the character but in real life a child wouldn't be emotionally mature enough to deal with the anxieties he faces in the series. I think now that Pokemon has a more adult audience they should allow Ash to mature and be a middle aged man or at least a young man like 26-33 ish. Life doesn't slow down for battles ya know. Just my two cents. Thanks,

badger

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Badger, are you serious?
    Maybe make him a teenager, but to make him a middle-aged man is just too weird.. Seriously, who would watch that?
    Perhaps way in the future when they are doing a special entitled "where are the Pokemon Masters now "? :P

Watching Pikachu kick ass all the time would make things way too repetitive.
    The show is already filled with repetitive things, why ask for more?

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Badger, are you serious?
    Maybe make him a teenager, but to make him a middle-aged man is just too weird.. Seriously, who would watch that?
    Perhaps way in the future when they are doing a special entitled "where are the Pokemon Masters now "? :P

Watching Pikachu kick ass all the time would make things way too repetitive.
    The show is already filled with repetitive things, why ask for more?

Why did you ask if I was serious? I think that is a little disrespectful. Asking that implies my idea was way off or silly which I obviously don't think it was or I wouldn't have said it. I have been watching the series for a long time and I have been studying the characters, I have seen the way other shows of its type have gone and its easy to see that this demographic needs to see older characters. Just because you can relate to someone doesn't mean that suddenly they are "real life like" or that they could handle losing their best friend at the age of 15. Emotional maturity takes time to mature, its not something ASH has or could create without time passing. I just think the series needs to be more realistic (obviously pokemon arent real and that is unrealistic but you know what I mean). I know it seems silly but I take it seriosu because I think the pokemon universe is sort of a small represenation of the actual world and no matter how much my friends or dad or anyone makes fun of me for it I will continue to analyze it seriously and have it be a part of my life I dont make light of (Well sometimes I make light of it but you know what I mean, pokemon is funny sometimes especially the cute pokemon). Anyway, tell me what you think. Thanks,

Badger

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I really didn't mean to disrespect you, but considering the audience that pokemon attracts, that's really a bad idea...
    Sorry if I was misunderstood...

Something on topic: Gym leaders aren't necessarily at the same level that they appear to be in the games, so I guess that means, Pikachu remains at the same level, but the gym leaders are tougher.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I realized this and thought it was weird.

At the end of Kanto (after beating the whole pokemon league), Ash goes to jhoto. He meets this girl in one of the very early episodes and she has a chikorita. At teh end of the episode, chikorita beats pikachu, even though she just got it as a starter.

That really confused me.

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008

Something on topic: Gym leaders aren't necessarily at the same level that they appear to be in the games, so I guess that means, Pikachu remains at the same level, but the gym leaders are tougher.
    Pleas dont disrespect me and act sarcastic towards me because im a NOOB. I am sorry if I offended you but I am new I admit but I do speak my mind when I know im right. I have been watching this board for almost a year waiting to join and I didnt because I knew people would think my extreme ideas about pokemon were off the mark and mock me but I finally took a chance because I thought people could be mature enough to talk about it like adults. Maybe I was wrong, please dont be sarcastic and rude to me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Ash has looked like a n00b in every season XD he then gets tougher for the Pokemon League and then the next season he's like a n00b again.
    Some of the stuff in the games have to do with the anime too... I remember Tracey once saying about the Level, or somebody else. I think this was in the Johto League.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Perhaps they just stay the same strength throughout the series, besides the fact of learning new moves and evolving of course. But maybe they just don't get stronger because the writers can't think of how they can make them seem stronger, while still not crossing the line into DBZ powerfulness.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It seems to me like Pikachu starts over every season, or something.

I mean, if the anime actually went by levels, and exact stats as the games do, Pikachu would be well to level 100 right now, and would have little or no chance at all to lose as much as it does. Not that it sucks, or anything, but really.. it lost to Shinji's Pokemon. Shinji's Sinnoh 'I've just caught them, so lets test their power' Pokemon. That wouldn't ever happen.. if the anime went by levels, and Pikachu really was close-to, or at 100... Shinji would've been owned. >>; The same can be said for most of the Gym Leaders, and possibly Frontier Brains.

I don't care how good at battling Shinji is, if his Pokemon were at those weak levels, he couldn't have won.

Either that or, the writers just disable Pikachu from leveling passed level 30, to make it so it can still be defeated.. even by the weaker gym leaders. oO;

Granted.. no one has to agree with any of this.

But theres my one cent worth of an opinion..

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    this is a anime and things don't make sense
    Lolorz for that.

Anyways, I'd be mighty astounded to watch young boy Ashy lose a battle nowadays, it's like every other trainer is trying to remain a cut above him, or on par.
    His Pikachu which really should've merited a nickname by now, is as strong as any protagonistic type of character you'll find in a lot of stories, they seem to just so happen to fight enemies one by one with an extremely convenient and unrealistic difficulty curve.
    [SIZE=-1]
    I don't watch the anime myself, however...[/SIZE]

Whelp, there's my 2[SIZE=-1]¢ 2 [/SIZE]рубль[SIZE=-1].[/SIZE]

Back