• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How the game could've been PERFECT

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Right, X & Y are absolutely incredibly made games, a true milestone for Pokemon, I can't find anything I dislike about them EXCEPT the difficulty. Raise every trainer's Pokemon by around 6 levels and we have a perfect game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    Make a really big adventure with all the generations in one game is my dream ...

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    The game suffered incredibly from a lack of post-game activity. Bad enough that it only provided the Battle Maison, which is pathetic compared with Gen IV's Battle Frontier and Gen V's Pokemon World Tournament.
    The game even lacked a side-activity to battling! Gen IV had the Super Contests for the Sinnoh games (which were very disappointing as they were downgraded versions of Gen III's contests) and HeartGold/SoulSilver had the Pokeathlon, one of the best side activities seen to date. Gen V went downhill with the Musicals, but BW2 sort of saved it with the Pokestar Studios.

TL;DR:
    More battle facilities.
    Needs side activities from battles.
    Bring back Pokeathlon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Right, X & Y are absolutely incredibly made games, a true milestone for Pokemon, I can't find anything I dislike about them EXCEPT the difficulty. Raise every trainer's Pokemon by around 6 levels and we have a perfect game.

What made these games so easy, I feel, is the new Experience Share; if one of your Pokémon gained experience and leveled-up, rest of your team members would do the same, making them all equally as powerful. If it weren't like this, I'm sure these games would have been much more tough. I personally liked it, though, because it allowed me to get done with the story-line pretty quickly, haha.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    It would have been better if there was more to do after the Elite 4.

^This. Definitely this. The game's major fault is that it really lacks in post-game content, more so than in other main-series Pokemon games. I hope there will be more things added to the game in the third version / sequel.

Flow So Gorgeous

Flipping Awesome
    Years
    2 things I think could have made this game perfect for me. One, a more involved story. I don't like how your friends were just bystanders to you at times, or how
    Spoiler:
    Maybe some more character development could have really hooked me to the game. Two, more after-game. I think that Z or X squared and Y squared or whatever they want to call the traditional 3rd game can improve on both of these aspects and make the game truly incredible.

Years
    Would be interesting to see how drastic of an increase the difficulty would be if the experience share stays turned off for the entire main story line, haha. Personally, I feel like that was the main reason it might have came off as an easy road to the elite four, but then again, I do think the game was meant to be toned down a bit in terms of challenging the player.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Same reasons as stated really. No post game activity. Pokemon Gold Silver and Crystal had the idea right when you could go and Access the Kanto region after beating the elite four.
    That made the game far more entertaining and the fact that red was right at the end made it pretty darn satisfying.
    X and Y needed something like that.

The Legendary pokemon's story should have been longer as really you find a lab there it is beat a few guys and then it basically hops into the first ball you throw.
    All Legendary mascots had an indepth field to them. Yveltal and Xerneas were just a means to an end. The game was about the Weapon not the pokemon. Bleh..

And the most popular complaint is the difficulty. EXP. SHARE should have remained a one pokemon Equip deal.

And i really would not mind seeing the VS.Seeker again.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I just didn't like how linear Kalos was, although it had some great sections. I wish we got a better conclusion with Team Flare, it seems they didn't really know how to end it since we literally just go "Cool, there's a crater in the middle of Geosenge Town. What's next?"

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Would be interesting to see how drastic of an increase the difficulty would be if the experience share stays turned off for the entire main story line, haha. Personally, I feel like that was the main reason it might have came off as an easy road to the elite four, but then again, I do think the game was meant to be toned down a bit in terms of challenging the player.

I tried that and still beat the game with almost no effort. The only time I found in any way difficult was when I had to battle a trainer with a Gyarados because I had nothing that could counter one.

As mentioned earlier, more post-game content would have been nice. Move tutors would be great as well.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    The game suffered incredibly from a lack of post-game activity. Bad enough that it only provided the Battle Maison, which is pathetic compared with Gen IV's Battle Frontier and Gen V's Pokemon World Tournament.
    The game even lacked a side-activity to battling! Gen IV had the Super Contests for the Sinnoh games (which were very disappointing as they were downgraded versions of Gen III's contests) and HeartGold/SoulSilver had the Pokeathlon, one of the best side activities seen to date. Gen V went downhill with the Musicals, but BW2 sort of saved it with the Pokestar Studios.

TL;DR:
    More battle facilities.
    Needs side activities from battles.
    Bring back Pokeathlon!

The Battle Maison is essentially a souped down version of the Battle Tower.

XY would have been great if it had richer post-game content. The Looker side quest was IMO, repetitive and terribly boring. It was a nice add-on to a city (I mean, Lumiose is HUGE, there has definitely got to be crime) and at least we get to know Looker a little bit better but... seeing him for 3 generations in a row is kinda making me sick. It's about the same as me getting sick of Kanto. (Sorry to anyone who felt offended, I didn't start with RBY)

They could have added unique clothes in different regions, and allowed us to download them over GLink/Spot/StreetPass.

Rematches with gym leaders and the E4 should be added. XY was generally a very easy game (made worse with the new EXP share), so true rematches - NOT chateau fights - should be implemented.

One problem which is kinda bugging me is the fact that in XY, there's a considerable lag time between the animation of move sets and pokemon receiving damage for certain moves. Take a look at Draco Meteor for instance, after being hit by Meteors, the Pokemon still stands there as though nothing has happened. Only after the Meteors have disappeared then it takes damage. I hope they'll fix it in the upcoming ORAS, needless to say the X2Y2/Z version.

However, I can definitely see Game Freak make a Pokemon Z. I cannot exactly think of a possible sequel given XY's storyline, but they could certainly fix all these problems and enhance the storyline with a Z version.

Years
    I don't complain about the post-game because I discovered understood how IVs and EVs work and got into competitive, so I'm fine with it. I haven't even completed the Pokedex yet and my team is not ready!

All I wanted was some difficulty levels. That's all! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    If nintendo brought back walking Pokemon, like in HG/SS, this game would be perfect :)

Also, the difficulty is an issue too like most of you guys said.

Back