• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to catch pokemon palkia

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    Hi, to all brothers and sister....... i'm new and i need help from u all.

I just brought a new pokemon game ( pear version ) and i can't catch pokemon palkia.

Many Thanks.

Best regards,
    Richmond.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Well, are you right up to Palkia, as in have you beat Cyrus and you're about to fight it? If so, Palkia isn't actually that hard to catch, its catch rate is 45, 15x more than other legendaries. Get it to as few HP as possible using moves such as False Swipe, Night Shade or Seismic Toss, just like any other pokemon. Try to throw a status condition on it if you can, like sleep or paralysis. Don't use poison, since that will knock it out. Once it's weakened and has a bad status, just start lobbing balls until you catch it. To make it a bit easier, use Dusk Balls, since they're 2x as good as an Ultra Ball. One thing to be sure of, DO NOT use your Master Ball. The Master Ball is better used on a runner like Cresselia or Mespirit, as they're much tougher to catch than this guy. Even if you don't have many balls, keep resetting and throwing balls until you catch him...it's possible to catch any pokemon in any ball if you're lucky enough (I got my Registeel in a Poke Ball).

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Richmond Chia, this is New Users / Welcome, a forum where you post introductions to be welcomed, not D/P help. This seems more fit for the Diamond / Pearl forum so moving it there. :)

*moves*

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    If you can, endeavor it to as low as possible then spore/sleep to death(<well not really)

Then toss all the ultraballs in your pockets. I think I caught Dialga with a timer ball or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    That's a good idea, but you should certainly consider status moves, sleep being the most obvious, as the palkia doesn't end up using struggle and fainting itself.
    Also, use a good dragon move or electric move at the start, to get it's HP low, then start slugging balls at it.

but it does depend on whether or not you are actually up to Palkia. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I had one ultra ball on me when up to palkia and diddnt save beforehand and I caught it no worries

AceTrainerNicole

マニアがあること? ??慢している
    Years
    The Timer Ball's never failed me. I only ever need one per Pokemon. Just weaken it, and keep putting it to sleep for a while then use a timer ball.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    When I caught Palkia, I led with Luxray and used Spark a couple of times to Paralyze it and weaken it. His attacks are not all that tough to endure. Mine got the Ancient Power boost three times in a row and I was still okay.

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    what i did my first try for diagla was i put him to sleep then used the quick ball. i was surprised at how easy it worked for me

ellishall123

ThE mAsTeR oF dArKnEsS
    Years
    I would start throwing quick balls andif that doesnt work,weaken it with an electric type then start throwing dusk balls if its night or ultra balls.Also if you have a gba game like ruby or firered you can just use youre master ball on palkia and when you unlock pal park,make 1 of youre pokemon hold a master ball when you send it to pearl

RIMHfire

Fire User
    Years
    I used a Master ball for Palikia because I after trying to catch Suicune back in the Crystal days by buying 40 Ultra balls, saving, lowering HP, accidentally killing it, running out of balls, shut off and start again still makes me shiver whenever I come to face a Legendary.

So I make it easy on myself. XD

Back