• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the controls?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2013
    Hello everyone i'm new in here i want to ask something,everybody love pokemon surely know about gameboy advance or visual boy advance (EMULATOR) so i want to ask how to make control like GBA i want something like this:

Z=A
    X=B
    A=L
    S=R
    Enter=Start
    BACKSPACE=MENU

i dont really care about backspace or enter as long as Z=A,X=B,A=L,S=L MENU can be anywhere maybe in M or B Start if you have script that doesn't have start is okay thank you very much for your answer and the script you have(or even you make it by yourself)have licence to use in commercial and free game thank you i plan to make this commercial if i can(i will give the copy of my game when i finish to people who answer my question)

thor348

That's Oak to You
    Years
    Look at the script section PokemonControls in the script editor.

Here is the script:

Spoiler:

And you can't make Pokémon games commercial unless you want to get sued.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023

Here is the script:

Spoiler:

I wouldn't make you game use any payment method... Not unless it's for a "currency" or a "boost".
    Editing the script Thor gave you however is your best bet, HOWEVER... I would use if statements, so a player can choose what buttons to use maybe "original" or "[insert your game name here]"

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2013

Here is the script:

Spoiler:

ok thanks for telling me Fiuh.....(i don't want to go to jail i still young)BTW how to use this script i mean how i change it similiaar to gameboy i was searching and edit but i still can't get the right control that similiar like my GBA

I wouldn't make you game use any payment method... Not unless it's for a "currency" or a "boost".
    Editing the script Thor gave you however is your best bet, HOWEVER... I would use if statements, so a player can choose what buttons to use maybe "original" or "[insert your game name here]"

Thnak you i don't want to sell my game ehehheheehheh i don't want become criminal

Last edited:

mybusiness

So, how to change controls? Those that you get at pressing F1 have nothing to do with the actual game. And hacking every encrypted RPGXP pokemon game that I have, only to change controls from the scripts is too silly.

Back