• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to change the fade out color on the title screen?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    I'm using the Modular Title Screen (Version 2.0.1) offered by Luka S.J. on their Resource Repository. I've got a nice lookin' Title Screen without any hitches but I do have an issue with the "fade-out" mechanic and its color. I want to change the color of the fade to a different color instead of the solid black.

I'm not sure if this is something I need to change with the scripting with the Modular Title Screen or if its something I need to change elsewhere. I've already got in and changed pbFadeOutIn in the scripts to use a different color, but this only appears to affect everything else inside the game and not the title screen. Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The fade is from the load screen, not in the title screen. you need to change pbFadeInAndShow, which is what the load screen calls. the catch, a lot of things use it, so you may want to make it an argument or a copy of the method.

EDIT: After playing with it a bit, I can't really get it looking better than a sudden flash of colour before fading back in, but that may just be my test settings.
    MTS just calls dispose on its scene, which basically instantly deletes all the sprites associated with it and itself when you press the button.
    no, you can't just open up the title screen rxdata and put in a call to pbFadeOutAndHide in the script for the title screen. some of the stuff in the array doesn't take colour modification and editing the rxdata voids the warrenty.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    You can use the .decompile and .compile utilities from my Scripting Utilities if you want to extract the contents of the .rxdata file, edit it and then compile it back to be used. You can consult the documentation for more info.

Back