• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] How To Increase Shiny Odds via Hex Editing [Emerald]

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Hey guys I just went through a lot of the instructions to find these values so figured I'd share. This is for Pokemon Emerald (US) BPEE. I'd like to give credit to Zeturic, who in this thread explained how to do this for FireRed: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409670

So to change the Shiny Rate, goto these offsets in w.e hex editor and overwrite (only the BOLD values) with the following:

06E76C: 07 28 This is the main Shiny comparison line. Increasing 07 increases odds. Change to w.e you like. FE is max.
    06E7E2: 07 28 This line does same thing but is for Sprite on the summary screen. Change this to same as above.
    06EBE4: 07 2A Same as above but gives you the shiny star and/or background and font on the summary screen. Change this to same as above
    0C0EE0: 08 21 This one makes sure the pokedex sprites are NOT shiny. Change this value 1 higher than the rest. Ex: FF if you changed aboves to FE
    172F46: 07 28 This gives you the shiny sparkle animation in battle. Set to same as first address.
    031910: 08 21 This is the Lotad that Professor Birch shows you on intro. Set to 1 above again, same as C0EE0
    1346AC: 08 21 This is the Starter Pokemon Selection Sprites. Again, 1 above the first so they wont be shiny.

I think this is all the important offsets. Might be missing some but i think this is complete. To find out what odds you want, take the first value, default is 07, add 1 to it, then divide by 65536. So if you change to FE like i did, (FE+1)/65535 = FF/6535 = 255/65535 = about 1/255.

Just make sure you change all the 07 values to same value (x), and the 08 value must be changed to (x+1).

Any questions post em, enjoy guys !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    No this is for Emerald , BPEE , US version (don't know if that makes a difference) I linked a post explaining this same easy hex edit for BPRE

Days
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Hello, I found this thread via Google.

Do you happen to know if Shiny Pokemon caught after doing this pass hack checks? Specifically PKHex, but more so just normal Bank/HOME checks? Please tell me know soon and thank you for your time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Hello, I found this thread via Google.

Do you happen to know if Shiny Pokemon caught after doing this pass hack checks? Specifically PKHex, but more so just normal Bank/HOME checks? Please tell me know soon and thank you for your time.
    Pokemon that appear shiny due to this modification WILL PASS legitamacy check. However the Pokemon will not appear Shiny in any other game, as this edit only changes the Game's Shiny Check, not the actual Pokemon. So it will be and appear legit, it just wont be shiny in other games / home.

Back