• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make NPC disappear after talking to player?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    I'm trying to make the antagonistic "team" boss come up to the player, say something, then walk off-screen and disappear. What is the correct way of doing this? I've tried using a switch that turns on AFTER the communication is over, then on the actual character event I made a second page that erases the event when the switch is on. However this did not work, even though I was almost certain that it would.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    Where exactly is the event on Route 2? All I see is a few hidden items and bridge events. I may or may not be blind... lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    Actually, I think he meant Route 3.

It's a good idea to play through the demo or at least look at all the events in the demo; there's lots of useful stuff in there.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    I wish I could, but I keep getting an error when I try to start the game. I even re-downloaded it and I still get it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    I looked in the rival script, what line exactly does so the npc is disappearing?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Making an event disappear is a basic RMXP skill. It's assumed that you knew how to use RMXP before you came here. Please look on the Internet to learn about it.

Back