• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

Years
  • I've gained more shinies in this gen that anything previous..

My first ever Shiny was a Rhyhorn in Fire Red's Safari Zone.. still have it to this day.

XY though, I can't say I remember which was my first shiny.. but I remember how I got the ones I have.
    -Shiny Kyogre (probably Generated) from GTS
    -Shiny Slowking from GTS
    -Shiny Elgyem from GTS
    -Shiny Combee (male) Hatched myself. Don't even think Mitsuda Method was being used. Talk about worthless.
    -Shiny Deerling .. hatched myself, traded it away on Wondertrade on accident. Someone got a gift haha. I actually don't mind it.
    -Shiny Gible x2 .. hatched these guys pretty much back to back almost .. they might of been in the same Egg Batch. I was just trying to breed a useful Garchomp, and luck struck twice. Too bad they're both crappy IV wise.
    -Shiny Graveler .. Caught in the wild pre Shiny Charm
    -Shiny Marill from GTS
    -Shiny Patrat from Wondertrade

Of the ones that I wasn't able to catch..
    -Shiny Geodude .. Was in a horde encounter. Geodudes have a tendency to kill each other unfortunately.

Years
  • Mine was actually today!! 5IV Horsea :3
    I got sick of trying, so got AR and Powersaves. Didn't bother to try and get one. But then I was hatching for IV's.. And he was there! Was good to have a nice legit shiny :D

Edit: Just read name properly. Encounter... Haven't seen one. Ever.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    My first shiny in x and y was a wingull, it was in a horde battle and was pretty easy to catch- I didn't know at that time how to find shiny pokemon so I was just sweet scenting everywhere until I got one ^_^

My second shiny was my 4th egg dratini that I used the m method for, I laughed as I'd literally had 5 boxes of eevees that I had tried to get a shiny out of and two boxes of bulbasaur- it's now a dragonair ^_^

My last shiny was pretty random, on the wonder trade someone traded my eevee for a shiny Tornadus. I then traded it for a shiny latios

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I used the fishing trick and got a shiny Relicanth, but seeing as that was attained through a method, I'll mention the first random shiny I ran into - I went to that route where you could run into Tauros, looking for a Tauros and instantly a shiny Tauros appears. o.O

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I caught my first shiny sometime last week, and it was Shiny Karrablast. I encountered it on Route 14 while I was searching for a Haunter to catch so that I can trade it to and back with a friend so that I can have a Gengar before I complete the game, which took me 3x as long as it should have because I accidentally knocked out 2 Haunters, but while I was searching I was text chatting with a friend so I was constantly looking back and forth at the game and Skype and I saw the Shiny effect from the corner of my eye when I saw the Shiny Karrablast and I caught it after I think 1 or 2 turns.

Now I don't know if I should get my friend to do a trade with me so that I can get a Shiny Escavalier because of how adorable Karrablast is and for being my first Shiny ever.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Just got my first non bred shiny in X today in the swampy bit before the fairy Gym, I caught it but didnt pay much attention to it otherwise. Skorupi.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • Scatterbug level 2. Caught it back in early February I think. I was leveling up some weaker Pokémon then it appeared. Luckily I've learned from my childhood mistakes and always keep a stash of spare balls with me.

So I caught it. Didn't even need to weaken it. One Poké Ball, that's all it took.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2015
    I'll always remember my first shiny for the game. I went out to start hunting for a shiny Pokemon using the machine thing with 50 steps and shaking grass ( name is evading me lol ) and my first encounter as I entered the grass to start it was a shiny Flabebe~ And I still have it now and I love it :)

Years
  • My fist legit encounter was in Diamond and it was a shiny Bidoof and i got it in the beginning of the game. My first X/Y encounter was Altaria in the route right before Victory Road and that was without the shiny charm. I remember I got all excited and prayed till my hair fell out that I wouldn't make it faint also I only had like 4 Ultra Balls and 1 Poke Ball with me. I ended up catching it and was so relieved when I did.

mcminer2011

Leader of Team Amethyst
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    I've never had a shiny encounter myself, but my younger cousin did. While he was on route 10 just above Cylage city, levelling his Pikachu; he encountered a shiny Houndour. He never expected it to happen and he wasn't chaining or anything. This was his very first shiny and it was a 1/8192 encounter. Sadly though, he restarted the game he had said houndour on so it's gone forever...

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    I've never had a shiny encounter myself, but my younger cousin did. While he was on route 10 just above Cylage city, levelling his Pikachu; he encountered a shiny Houndour. He never expected it to happen and he wasn't chaining or anything. This was his very first shiny and it was a 1/8192 encounter. Sadly though, he restarted the game he had said houndour on so it's gone forever...

Neither have I. I don't even know anyone who has. Does anyone have a tip for getting one?

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    My first gen 6 shiny was a Weepinbell I found during a horde encounter. It was shocking and exciting, especially since I had caught a shiny Weepinbell back in gen 2. It had much cooler colours in Pokemon Stadium 2 (red Weepinbell!) but it was still very cool. I am tempted to also try and get shiny a Totodile and Geodude like I had back in gen 2, haha.

~Psychic

Years
  • My first shiny encounter in Y was in a horde encounter. I was actually looking for Taillow since I was still missing it for my dex. Instead I got multiple hordes of Wingull and one of them had a shiny. I have only found one other shiny since then (through shiny fishing).

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My first shiny on Y was on route 14 when I was EV training I think. I encountered a hoard of Skorupi, and low and behold, a shiny red Skorupi! Unfortunately, Drapion has a pretty disappointing shiny, but it was still nice to get!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    Mine JUST happened like... yesterday, so yeah. (I'm not really a shiny hunter.)

Anyway. I was explaining the friend safari to my boyfriend (who finally got around to playing Y) and demonstrating in a flying type safari when a shiny Tranquill popped out of nowhere. I've never been so glad that I broguht my false swiper along - I wasn't planning on catching pokemon or anything, just showing him how it works.

(Then the jerk went and got like 3 shinies in a row on his game and I haven't seen a single one since...)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Well, I used to shiny hunt ALOT in FireRed, so after I beat Y I decided to restart and shiny hunt for a starter. It took quite some time.. And I actually never ended up finding anything (was looking for chespin). So I played through the game again just for fun, this time not looking for any shinies on purpose, when I found a shiny skorupi (cannot remember the route) on accident.. I was happy, but at the same time I was thinking in my head "really.. I did no work to get this.."

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    Well, I used to shiny hunt ALOT in FireRed, so after I beat Y I decided to restart and shiny hunt for a starter. It took quite some time.. And I actually never ended up finding anything (was looking for chespin). So I played through the game again just for fun, this time not looking for any shinies on purpose, when I found a shiny skorupi (cannot remember the route) on accident.. I was happy, but at the same time I was thinking in my head "really.. I did no work to get this.."
    I never find shinies if I go hunting for them; I swear my games know when I'm trying.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    First shiny in xy was from randomly breeding beldum. I wasn't trying to breed a shiny. It just happened

Back