• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how will it end?

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Well, I think that the Earth won't be destroyed ;) When the Rapture happens, a lot of people will be wiped out by the Judgements, but the Earth certainly won't be "destroyed". God is going to make a new one, I /think/, where he sets up his new kingdom ;) (Kinda what John Denver said)

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
    1. The sun exploding is called a super nova...
    2. I think that the world will explode by either Pacman eating the world, or an armegodden of a war between highly advanced chips.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Chris-h11 said:
    1. The sun exploding is called a super nova...

Not our sun. It doesn't have enough mass for that. It will likely just turn into a red giant and engulf the Earth, unless it's gravitational pull pushes it out farther, but that's probably not likely.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    wakachamo said:
    Well,first of all, the ozone layer will be sick of us and leave.
    Then America will decide to send missiles to China for no reason, but China counters the missiles but accidentally blows up France. Eventually this'll go on and on until we have missiles flying everywhere with "I CAN'T SPELL NUCLEAR LOLZ!!!!111%&%$%&" printed on them.

And then Australia ends up wondering "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" and then they eventually all die because of the nuclear winter and because kangaroos have been infected with a Bird Flu related disease and they start mutating and eating us all.

And finally, Jupiter decides not to attract a meteor into its orbit and it eventually crashes onto earth and we'll all end up like little dinosaurs, except that there will be no place for us to return as oil.

Note: Sedna still isn't really considered a planet, being approximately the size of Pluto, but I'm just saying this XD
    Sounds ALOT like that flash you took some of that story from, XD.

I don't think the earth will be destroyed, I just think humans will die out and that's it...yup, no "New World" or anything, =/.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
    well, technically the "end of the world" will not happen until the sun expands enough to disintegrate our planet, and then implode(I saw a documentary on it), but either we would be extinct or living in another planet(it's gonna take millions of years), but if it happens sooner it may be caused by an asteroid, or massive natural disasters

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
    Rock Lee said:
    The world will end this year at 06/06/06

Well thats what I've heard, but then again, they could be wrong like the Y2K panic the world had 6 years ago when everyone brought stuff from the supermarket. Seriously how will supermarket items help us survive? we are all doom anyways XD

Well I don't know how it will end, but I bet the Nostradamus book will give me some hints.

Them things were probably invented by supermarkets to sell more items :P
    Oh, and to their line of 'Happy Doomsday!' cards...

PS: I think that the sun will expand in the year 5.5/apple/26, 5 billion years in our future...

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    When Jesus Christ comes back, and the apocolpse is upon us, the following albums will be heard around the world:

Explosions in the Sky - THE EARTH IS NOT A COLD DEAD PLACE
    Godspeed You! Black Emporer - INFINITY
    Mogwai - HAPPY SONGS FOR HAPPY PEOPLE
    Sigur Rós - ( )

All utterly appropriate music to the end of the world.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I'm anxious to see what happens on 06/06/06. However, it'll probably be another thing like Y2K, or that theory that something will come from the sky in 1999, or whatever everyone thought would happen in 2004, or how everyone thought that by the year 2000 there would be no natural resources left and life would suck, but what the hell do I know?

Anyway, I'm gonna also have to honestly go with the supernova theory. If humans can survive that long, that's still one thing that they more than likely will not be able to get around.

Last edited:

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
    corganzero said:
    When Jesus Christ comes back, and the apocolpse is upon us, the following albums will be heard around the world:

Explosions in the Sky - THE EARTH IS NOT A COLD DEAD PLACE
    Godspeed You! Black Emporer - INFINITY
    Mogwai - HAPPY SONGS FOR HAPPY PEOPLE
    Sigur Rós - ( )

All utterly appropriate music to the end of the world.

Doesn't the bible say there will be trumpets? Those songs better have trumpets lol XD

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Kim said:
    Wikipedia is not a reliable resource, as it is written by mostly Internet USERS--not scientists, research and development teams, scholars, or professors.

You also cannot claim that the sun will never,ever explode as a fact. That is OPINION. As I can say for a fact, since you said you have a "teacher," you are not studying the sun and what it does and all that other jazz.
    There are many resourses that say the sun will never explode. It's not an opinion at all. It is possible that there's new contradicting information that has just recently been unearthed that I've never heard of, but otherwise science says the sun will not explode.

Here's a quote from the NASA website. I can't believe that NASA would post unreliable information on their site, unless again, it was old and never updated.

NASA said:
    The mass of the star determines what happens after the main sequence phase. Stars similar in mass to the Sun burn hydrogen into helium in their centers during the main-sequence phase, but eventually there is not enough hydrogen left in the center to provide the necessary radiation pressure to balance gravity. The center of the star thus contracts until it is hot enough for helium to be converted into carbon. The hydrogen in a shell continues to burn into helium, but the outer layers of the star have to expand in order to conserve energy. This makes the star appear brighter and cooler, and it becomes a red giant. During the red giant phase, a star often loses a lot of its outer layers which are blown away by the radiation coming from below. Eventually, in the more massive stars of the group, the carbon may burn to even heavier elements, but eventually the energy generation will fizzle out and the star will collapse to a white dwarf. Astronomers think that white dwarfs ultimately cool to become black dwarfs.

It claims to be last modified on Sept 2004 near the bottom of the page, so it's not too old.

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
    Pokedragonfire said:
    There are many resourses that say the sun will never explode. It's not an opinion at all. It is possible that there's new contradicting information that has just recently been unearthed that I've never heard of, but otherwise science says the sun will not explode.

Yeah but, you can't state that as a fact, because there is just as much evidence floating around that says that it CAN explode ^o^

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I either think global warming, some war of some kind over the entire earth, or we just wait til the Sun's gas runs out.

I think we're lucky to live in this kind of time, since in many many years, the oil will eventually run out and monney for things will be high.

Crunkn' Munky

Feed me bannanas!!!
    Years
    I think that sickness will kill everyone out
    The Sun may explode
    But I really think that we'll just live on

Edit: There is no proof of global warming yet but I never thought of it that way!

Back