• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how will it end?

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
    Kim said:
    Don't quote me on this, but my boyfriend is a genius when it comes to physics. I'm probably not quoting him correctly, but if I remember most of what he said, our sun will explode and pretty much kill off all life on Earth. This is of course, billions of years from now.

I personally do not want to see the end of the planet, as I LIVE here, and enjoy my life very much.

I heard something like that to. Because right now, seeing as the sun IS just a big ball of heat, it gets smaller by about 5 feet per year (considering it's size, that's fractions of a percent every century). So eventually it will get small and supernova and explode, probably destroying this galazy.

But that won't happen for hundreds of millions of years at the current rate that it's shrinking in size. Lucky for us XD

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Shampoo said:

Well,there many methods,I think the world will end.

Jack Will Kill Us All and explode the planet with his guns

My most believed one would probably have to be the factor that the sun will take in all of the planets in about a billion years.

I'm not very imaginatve,am I? XDD

Dont say that about my Daddy. He wouldnt do that. ;o;

I think the world will explode somehow...anything could happen. XD

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Hitokiri said:
    I heard something like that to. Because right now, seeing as the sun IS just a big ball of heat, it gets smaller by about 5 feet per year (considering it's size, that's fractions of a percent every century). So eventually it will get small and supernova and explode, probably destroying this galazy.

But that won't happen for hundreds of millions of years at the current rate that it's shrinking in size. Lucky for us XD

THE SUN WILL NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER EVER EVER EXPLODE. Technically it is exploding right now. But it's not massive enough to truely "explode". It will expand one day though and become a supergiant star. But honestly, will the world end before that? Will humans be able to work out their problems without resorting to blowing each other apart? I think the earth itself can last throught something as small as human kind. The earth has survived billions of years already, it's not going to just drop dead in 100 just because humans want to ruin it. I think that everyone underestimates the human race, most countries in the world do not want to blow each other up with bombs. The majority of everyone wants to live in peace. That majority can stop the minority.
    The earth has always just kept going no matter what has happened to it. I don't think it's ending soon.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    My theory that in 300 years the Polar ice caps will melt and we shall be hit with a monstorous wave and then we all drown and die .___.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    I think, if the world ends at all(well it probably will sometime, but it's not a pleasant thought...), people's own ignorance about the environment and their own discrimination against each other will be their downfall. If they continue living as they are, they probably won't continue being alive very long...if they were a little more aware of how their actions influence the world around them, perhaps that would be less of a threat.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    It's an Easy reply. It will comedown to warfare. Think of it. I give a a century and we will be lucky to get there. We have nukes. IF we sent them to lets say, Iraq, there goes the middle east, france, germany, all those little countries, and more off to the east. Then the gasses, (which kill in time if exposed) wil reach other countries. They will get ticked at us, Nuke us. We will know and we will nuke them. Its all a matter of time. I doubt we will last a century but hey, its in Revelations. I read it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Hitokiri said:

Most likely, I can't really picture any other threat ending the world. If the sun just implodes on itself, it'll probably take a good part of the universe with it, so it won't matter where humans live. If it just blows up, we'd need to be on a planet that's very far from the sun.

THE SUN WILL NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER EVER EVER EXPLODE. Technically it is exploding right now. But it's not massive enough to truely "explode". It will expand one day though and become a supergiant star. But honestly, will the world end before that? Will humans be able to work out their problems without resorting to blowing each other apart? I think the earth itself can last throught something as small as human kind. The earth has survived billions of years already, it's not going to just drop dead in 100 just because humans want to ruin it. I think that everyone underestimates the human race, most countries in the world do not want to blow each other up with bombs. The majority of everyone wants to live in peace. That majority can stop the minority.
    The earth has always just kept going no matter what has happened to it. I don't think it's ending soon.
    It can and probably will happen, the sun, like all other stars will eventually die out. Putting it bluntly, it's core will eventually just crap out. It's just a matter of how it dies, both an explosion and implosion would have vastly different effects on the planets around it.

If it's by humans, which I doubt will ever happen. Then the planet would take thousands of years to recover, by then whatever new species would be the dominant group on the planet. I just don't think humans are actually dumb enough to bring the world to an end, yeah we go to war over a lot of petty things, but for the most part, we do know what the extremes are. Like you said, most humans do want peace and only go to war as a very last resort.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Kazuhito said:

If it's by humans, which I doubt will ever happen. Then the planet would take thousands of years to recover, by then whatever new species would be the dominant group on the planet. I just don't think humans are actually dumb enough to bring the world to an end, yeah we go to war over a lot of petty things, but for the most part, we do know what the extremes are. Like you said, most humans do want peace and only go to war as a very last resort.

You have to think about the greedy people who want land. They think if they can kill everyone there. They can just take it. Hello, whats an easy way to kill everyone in America. Nukes. It'll happen. All it takes is time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Aang: The Last Airbender said:
    You have to think about the greedy people who want land. They think if they can kill everyone there. They can just take it. Hello, whats an easy way to kill everyone in America. Nukes. It'll happen. All it takes is time.
    It wouldn't happen, people aren't that stupid. America is a superpower in the world, anyone knows that if they tried anything like that, they'd be screwed over themselves. It might happen in smaller countries, but more countries would jump into help.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    You just said it would happen in small countries. We would jump into help like we always do then we would be screwing outselves over. We would jump right into the middle of it.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    eesh, Mari thinks it'll never end. o.o; Or rather, I hope it won't.

You just said it would happen in small countries. We would jump into help like we always do then we would be screwing outselves over. We would jump right into the middle of it.
    You make it sound like helping other countries ish a bad thing. > >;
    As America practically has the strongest army in the world [*isn't certain 'cause she doesn't listen to her History teacher*] I think it's their obligation to protect other smaller and weaker countries. Maybe not quite an obligation, but it ish only humane to do so~

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kim (pun not intended) said:
    Don't quote me on this, but my boyfriend is a genius when it comes to physics. I'm probably not quoting him correctly, but if I remember most of what he said, our sun will explode and pretty much kill off all life on Earth. This is of course, billions of years from now.
    I'm pretty sure mankind will destroy itself long before that happens.

Akinari said:
    https://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

A great place to decide how the world ends. =D
    This thread is discussing our theories on how the world will end, not having a generator do it for us.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I think the sun explosion theory is real except it wont destroy. It will merely kill of the life on it. lolz
    *ahem*
    Anyway,I beleive the end of world will come very soon whe the second resserection comes and wipes out the earth in a flood of fire. But thats just what i think and beleive from my religon. You may have other thoughts though. =/

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    The evil bourgeoisie cowboy oil baron reactionary American scum will kill off all the caribou and taint the waters of the earth with their textile dyes and use third-world children and arabs to power their diabolical nuclear death devices because the malevolent USA demon spawn are all secretly planning, down to the last man, woman, and child, to exact the revenge that their inborn blood lust commands them to exact through their evil capitalist death rays which will destroy the moon, sending enough large chunks hurtling fast enough into the sun to create a solar flare so large that it finishes off all the poor earthlings who didn't fall victim to the relentless nuclear attacks and deforestation and ice cap detonation

Years
    Airashii said:
    This thread is discussing our theories on how the world will end, not having a generator do it for us.
    It's not a generator. I don't believe you've clicked on the link yet as it lists out and discusses all the possible (and more) ways on how the world ends. Click on something before arguing. XD

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    The evil bourgeoisie cowboy oil baron reactionary American scum will kill off all the caribou and taint the waters of the earth with their textile dyes and use third-world children and arabs to power their diabolical nuclear death devices because the malevolent USA demon spawn are all secretly planning, down to the last man, woman, and child, to exact the revenge that their inborn blood lust commands them to exact through their evil capitalist death rays which will destroy the moon, sending enough large chunks hurtling fast enough into the sun to create a solar flare so large that it finishes off all the poor earthlings who didn't fall victim to the relentless nuclear attacks and deforestation and ice cap detonation

XD!

But what if the burning, spinning chaos of evil, panic fury decides that in order for the indignation of the world to commence as it so should that it needs to, once again, deliver the lives of all the putrid innocence into the hands of the evil, bennevolent dictators of the seventy corners of the known world for the purpose of denying the universe of the sole thing that can't be held on its own terms rather than thinking that the only way to destroy the planet is to believe that there is unbelievable and at the very least a bit unlikely that the relative position of the planets and the stars could have a specialty significance (or meaning that exclusively applies to only you) but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions are all gifts of solid scientific documented evidence so you would have to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single theory that the universe states has no possible way of not being true to every last persont that has to ability to poop their pants.

LOL...I threw some Wierd Al in there XD

Kim

Years
    Pokedragonfire said:

And you know this for a fact?

No offense, but I'll trust my boyfriend and physicist friends over someone who claims to be...3 years old. ;)

Back