• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you experience the game?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've been anticipating the 5th generation for a long time. Unlike a lot of fans, I've actually like pokemon more with each generation and I enjoyed the 4th gen more than I did any of the other games. From what I've seen from B&W, it's all I've ever wanted in a game.

I'll be really taking my time progressing through the region, without looking to any guides as I want to really enjoy this game without speeding through to see the big events. I imagine that this game will be very different to what we're used to but on a positive side, at least it's not just another RPG like all the other games. From what I've seen it looks a little like TWEWY with the city, and a mix between the two games is something like I've always wanted.

I want to actually explore the game and learn about as many things as I can without the aid of google, or looking up the solutions. This may be the last time I get to play a pokemon RPG as I'm getting older and somewhat less interested in the series. That said, B&W is high on my expectations. So far I've loved what I've seen and I'll be taking in every aspect of the game as I explore Isshu, I'll also try to catch all the new pokemon I can, I've always loved catching pokemon I've never seen before.

So all in all, I should be taking it pretty slowly, exploring everything, solving as many mysteries as I can alone, and pretty much just getting my monies worth.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • It took me over 70 hours to beat the Elite Four in Heart Gold, to give you any hint as my style for these games, it should take even longer. I love taking my time along the way, seeing what other people do, and yes, buying the strategy guide and reading it. Not for spoilers or anything, but just for fun. It's all a part of the process.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I want to see all the new pokemon, moves etc before the games get released. I won't look at any guides though - I like figuring things out for the first time, not knowing what pokemon will appear where :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm not 100% sure how I'll be experiencing the game yet. :O

Right now, I'm thinking I'll probably import the Japanese version... and this will be the very first time I'll play a Pokémon game all the way through in Japanese. (Assuming I, you know, can get through it since there's no kanji which throws me off. XD) So it'll be an interesting experience regardless, if I do this, because I'll have to get used to attack/item names in Japanese. But aside from that, it should be pretty typical.

At any rate, whenever I play a new game (not even just Pokémon), I'll keep up with anything and everything I hear about up until... maybe a month before the release date when I totally shut down and stop paying attention. Then I play through the game on my own, with no outside help. I'll do the same with Black, whether I play it in English or Japanese. :)

Though I will probably skim the new Pokémon real quick when they're finally leaked, just to check if Cherrim or any of my other favourites get an evolution of sorts. u_u

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I won't be able to resist checking out all the new pokemon before I get it but I don't wanna know all the ins and out of the game, when I get my hands on it I'll be searchin' for every nook n cranny before I resort to the internet, checkin' every house, catching every pokemon, the lot ;D

Back