• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you make your B2/W2 experience unique?

Username_9138

I'll probably do all of the things I don't do when I play through a game;

Not spoil anything for myself and play through the game knowing nothing.

Catch Pokemon on impulse, and then actually give them good names, not crappy failed attempts.

And then not get bored with it after I'm done by playing it slow and thoroughly. I haven't replayed a game fully since Ruby & Sapphire came out (waiting for Emerald). ;p

Years
  • I'm actually going to try and not look at the natures of Pokemon I catch until the very end of the story this time. XD; Since I'm somewhat of a perfectionist with natures, it tends to set me back story-wise a lot because I'd spend hours trying to catch a Pokemon with a nature I like.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll probably try to use things I didn't use in BW, with the exception of Petilil. I'll probably just have to have one haha. I plan on starting with Tepig, since I restarted my English White halfway through on a file that I had Tepig, so I never gave it a fair chance. Umbreon is a given too because...it's Umbreon. But as for the other three, who knows? Maybe I'll try switching party members around instead of planning my team before even getting the game. Other than that, I plan to play it like I play all new games. Just try to explore as much as I can.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'll try using Pokes I would normally never use under almost any circumstance regularly and seeing how far I can go with the team I end up making until I beat the game with what I end up concocting.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • It depends. in the previous game I took it slow and steady, savoring each moment. However, in the next game, I might just rush around and go on a catching spree.

Years
  • I'm going to be looking around all the time, to make sure I don't miss anything! :p
    I'm also going to train very slow so I can keep battling the gyms until I decide if I want to keep going on...xD

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I, for once, am going to play slowly. I normally rush through the game like a noob, not caring about stats and pretty much anything, then complain about being bored in the post game. I need to stop that, obviously.

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    I guess I'll do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. haha

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, I'll be buying the opposite game to what I did for BW, so that'll probably be a slightly unique experience for me. Apart from that, I'll make sure to catch a different eventual team to fight the E4 and such; might even go for a different starter and all!

Years
  • For White 2, I'm thinking I might ditch the starter, but if I don't then I'm choosing tepig since I've never given it a chance. Other than that, I might try to catch em all, and I kinda want to try using the pokemon I consider to be misfits, not the strong, favored typing ones I always go for. I'm definitely trying NOT to plan my team, and I may do a challenge. Can't wait!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2013
    I'm going to spend most of my spare time videotaping ALL of my gameplay and uploading it to YouTube. Also, I will try hard to get a Tyranitar, Salamence, Dragonite or Garchomp! At least I know Tyranitar is available!

Vsjester13

Former battler
    Years
  • I'm planning on playing blind this time with the fact that i only will know 2 of the gym types this way I'll have a much toughing time playing since I'll never know if i'm bringing good Pokes or not.

VoxynZ

Jak And Daxter Fanboy
    Years
  • Not really unique, but...

Well, assuming I have enough money budgeted, I'll get both versions on release day. I'll trade all 3 starters to one game, which will be my trading/training version. The other one I'll try to keep open as much as possible so I can restart it instantly/constantly on a whim when I'm bored.

I admit I also like having two versions so I can get multiple rare items without having to hack or AR.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Well, for Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W, before they were released for the US, I would constantly look at every bit of information I would perceive from Nintendo; most likely from hype and excitement. However, I'm going to try and limit my knowledge from now on so when the game comes out, I'll just sightread it, making events that much more exciting and unexpected.

My older brother will also play along with me. His last Pokemon game before I showed him Black/White was Gold/Silver, so this will make things a lot more fun for both of us.

Also, seeing as I've played countless amounts of Pokemon games, I'm going to try and use Pokemon I've never used before, or at least rarely used, just to make the experience much more thrilling, and possibly more challenging.

xGunLuis

Let's Player
    Years
  • well as soon as i can get my hands on the earliest rom, im going to be doing a blind LP of it :D

Back