• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would the average human's stats be in real life?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Like considering the stats of some Pokemon and especially the humanoid ones like Jynx,Mr.Mime etc can you imagine a human's base stats.His HP,defense,attack,sp.defense,sp.attack and speed of the aveage human.Not the athletic guy who is running for the marathon nor the fatty at the office.Just a human who has average height,weight etc
    And if you don't mind you can say the stats of a man and a woman.For instance i think the average woman would have less defense than a man.

And also could he survive these attacks?
    Hydro cannon/pump
    thunderbolt
    blast burn
    lava plume
    sludge bomb
    petal dance
    leaf storm
    shadow ball
    dark pulse
    frenzy plant
    power whip
    blizzard
    ice beam
    earthquake
    earth power
    stone edge
    rock slide
    silver wind
    gust
    seed bomb
    hyper voice

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    I consider humans to be Water/Fighting type (we're 70% water, and our main attacks are fighting anyway)

Actually, I think it would be the other way around. Women (like in pokémon with families like the Nidos, Frillish, Latis and the such) are more defense oriented than their male counterparts. In real life, they would be slower and with less offensive power, but with more HP and Def/Sp. Def. To make things balanced, lol. They would also get larger movepools (pepper spray, groint kick) while men would have smaller movepools, but stronger attacks in general (pepper spray = 50 BP, Hi Jump Kick = 120 BP)

Base Stats (in general):
    90 HP
    110 Atk
    70 Def.
    50 Sp. Atk (depends on human and movepool, see next bit of text,some would have it switched with atk)
    65 Sp. Def
    90 Spd

Also, average man is a bit vage. Without meaning to be racist in any kind, but humans born in different places would have different stats, according to upbringing and overall DNA - not gonna go into detail with that one, but I think you can figure it out.

Also, we could take most of them, imo.

Hydro cannon/pump = get hit by a firetruck's pump
    thunderbolt = since we're hypotetically water types, this one would equal... 2x a tazer?
    blast burn = we'd get pretty burned, but we'd survive and be able to fight back (unless crit)
    lava plume = a guy on fire tackling you. not too threatning, imo
    sludge bomb = would probably burn you - similar to getting thrown bleach
    petal dance = water types, so...
    leaf storm = see above
    shadow ball = see a ghost irl
    dark pulse = lolresistance
    frenzy plant = did you really need to put petal dance, leaf storm and frenzy plant in the same list? get some variety man
    power whip = see above
    blizzard = get caught in an IRL blizzard
    ice beam = ice ball in yo face
    earthquake = see current Turkey. but less, since that would be an EQ from a Groudon
    earth power = why the need to put similar attacks?
    stone edge = get a boulder roll over you. but only half of you, since we resist it
    rock slide = see ice beam. now with rocks. head trauma incoming
    silver wind = how do you imagine silver wind in real life? seriously now...
    gust = would make us fall over, since it's pretty weak overall
    seed bomb = see the 5 other grass attacks you put in here
    hyper voice = See for yourself

WildMimiga

Random and Oblivious
    Years
  • Base Stats (in general):
    90 HP
    110 Atk
    70 Def.
    50 Sp. Atk (depends on human and movepool, see next bit of text,some would have it switched with atk)
    65 Sp. Def
    90 Spd

I doubt that may be so, It's shown that Manetric and Flygon do outrun a human on a bike in the R&S intro, so I think that humans may have a lower speed, also I think these stats are over the top considering the fact that the attack is higher than something like Kyogre, and since you said "In General" I doubt most people would be armed with a weapon enough to exceed the power of a legendary pokemon, let alone a decent weapon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I doubt that may be so, It's shown that Manetric and Flygon do outrun a human on a bike in the R&S intro, so I think that humans may have a lower speed, also I think these stats are over the top considering the fact that the attack is higher than something like Kyogre, and since you said "In General" I doubt most people would be armed with a weapon enough to exceed the power of a legendary pokemon, let alone a decent weapon.

I have to agree with this. The average attack of Normal-type fully evolved Pokemon is 87.15. I would say our strength is about that of a Jynx, since our strength lies in our intelligence and not in our physical prowess. That would put us at around 50 for Attack.

Our HP would be around 70, since a Jynx's is 65 and they're shorter and bulkier.

Defense I think would be very low, I mean nothing about us is defensive. 30-40.

Same with special defense, we have nothing that would make us more resistant to special attacks.

Special attacks wouldn't be something we could even do, but I would still say that our Sp.Atk would be 80-90 just because we have psychic powers that we wouldn't be able to quite tap into.

And speed, without tools, we can't...run fast compared to even animals. Like in real life a cheetah would probably have a speed of 120, while we would have a speed of 50. We just don't have the ability to be excessively fast for the most part.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    10 base stats all across the board.

Okay, not really. I'm guessing we'd have more HP than an Alakazam (they're really bony) but less HP than a Machamp (average human, not those body-builders who compete in the Olympics), so about between 55-90 ish so I'd say humans would have around 70.

Attack might be around 40 ish, compared to something like a Machop, since they can apparently hurl a full-sized human.

Defense, Special Defense would both be very low since we're not durable at all. Right around 20 is a good number.

Special Attack is a bit tricky. I'm kind of thinking that a lot of it is based on more intelligence, which practically defines humans to begin with. But I don't think our special powers are that strong anyway. I want to say 60.

Speed is also a bit comparable. Hitmonchan has a base Speed of around 75, Machop has one about 35. Humans aren't exactly the fastest, but certainly not the definite slowest. I guess 55 is a good number, since we're not all boxing-crazed machines.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    I agree with you guys but especially with Toujours.
    Oh btw Poueff I don't think we could survive those attacks except Gust and Silver Wind, but you should expect surving Gust with some broken bones if landed harshly or with some swellings and itchy,irritable,mildly slashed skin after a Silver Wind(because of the pollen in there).Anyway how can you say that humans are WATER/fighting types? No way.I say we are Normal/Fighting types.You don't see a human be resistant to being burned alive just because he has water in his body.If you get burned you die.Plain and simple.You had a good point about the water thing but its not logical.Are we resistant to bullets?No.Well,water types are resistant to steel.See? Normal/Fighting sounds logical.

Anyway,I agree with Toujours apart from HP.Think about it.We can't have the same HP as a freaking Aggron can we?I think our base HP would be around 50 to 60 at best since both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan have 50 and they are pretty humanoid.
    I agree with Attack being around 50.I would just like to mention that, this would make us stronger than an Onix :3 So around 45-50 ? To at least have the same strength.
    Defense and Sp.Defense sound right.Around 30.Sp.Defense sounds better though at 35-40 since we may have better insulation to resist cold etc
    Speed around 50-55.

So a human's stats would be:
    HP: 50
    Defense:30(?)
    Attack:45-50(somewhere between lol)
    Sp.Defense:Maybe 35-40.
    Speed:50

That's cool.

But I have a question.Since we don't have anything defensive on our bodies except bones that almost all Pokemon have, why would we have 30 defense?Why not lower? I take Chansey and Blissey for examples.We,as well as they,don't have anything defensive.We both have bones and soft flesh.And Blissey seems to have think fur.So what do you say? Would our defense fall to 5 like Chansey? Or 20?

EDIT: We wouldn't have Sp.Attacks since we can't do telekinesis or shoot beams.But if we could then around 60.But there is no way we could so Sp.Attack is better left out of the stats.Humans wouldn't have sp.attack at all.

EDIT 2: Sorry about the confusion.Now that i think about it again our defense would be 30.Not like Blissey.I think that Blissey and Chansey in real life would also have a defense about 40 and 50 respectively since they seem pretty tough.But in the game it would be way too broken to have a Pokemon with an HP of 255 and Sp.Defense of 135 to also have a defense of 50.So they reduced it to 10 so it could be balanced.But Blissey would have more defense if she was real.Anyway our Defense would be 30 since it is pretty logical to have a bit more defense than a mole and those small Pkmn like igglybuff,jigglypuff and cleffa.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Humans are basically normal types. Well, except for martial artists (fighting types), hooligans and other criminals (dark types) palm readers, fortune tellers (psychic types) firebreathers (fire types). Those jobs.

A normal person would have pretty average stats. Like:

HP: 75
    Attack: 80
    Defense: 55
    Sp. Attack: 40
    Sp. Defense: 55
    Speed:90

Some athletes would possess a much higher Speed than most.

Despite our normal typing, we would be taking super effective damages from Poison and Fire. Some Pyschic type moves would either increase our HP or lower our Special Attack. Ground types would also do damage, depending on our location.

WildMimiga

Random and Oblivious
    Years
  • Humans are basically normal types. Well, except for martial artists (fighting types), hooligans and other criminals (dark types) palm readers, fortune tellers (psychic types) firebreathers (fire types). Those jobs.

I honestly think that humans are just normal/fighting type in general, and not really any other. Also I think this may be an appropriate moveset for a human:
    *Tackle
    *Low Kick
    *Body Slam
    *Leer/Glare
    And for the ability, well, honestly I don't know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Okay how can a human have 75-80 HP? If you take every humanoid Pokemon in the game you will that its base HP isn't over 65 unless it a bulky,muscly fighting type like Machamp and Conkeldur which are not counted in since we talk about the average person.So I would imagine HP being about 65 but then again how can we have the same hp as a Mantine which is over 2m and 200kg?How can we have the same HP as a fully grown horse,Rapidash,which is 1.7 m tall and weighs 95kg?But then again how can we have the same HP as a small puppy,Herdier, and a tiny Tepig?It's really troubling me.But I think we would have about 60 HP.Not 50 as I said before.
    Defense is rather confusing also seeing that a Skitty has exactly the same Defense stat with Wailord.Anyway I guess we would have around 50 since Alakazam has 45 and he is quite skinny so it seems good.
    Special Defense well around 50 also.
    Attack being 70 sounds normal to me.
    Sp.Attack for us wouldn't exist.
    Speed,maybe 60.

Soooo:
    HP - 55 or 60(sorry I can't accept the fact that a Mantine would have same HP with humans.This thing is huge so no).
    Defense - 50
    Sp.Defense - 45 or 50

Attack - 70
    Speed - 60

We would be pretty weak stat wise.

Blissey would be impossible to kill.It has roughly 5x our HP for God's sake.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay how can a human have 75-80 HP? If you take every humanoid Pokemon in the game you will that its base HP isn't over 65 unless it a bulky,muscly fighting type like Machamp and Conkeldur which are not counted in since we talk about the average person.So I would imagine HP being about 65 but then again how can we have the same hp as a Mantine which is over 2m and 200kg?How can we have the same HP as a fully grown horse,Rapidash,which is 1.7 m tall and weighs 95kg?But then again how can we have the same HP as a small puppy,Herdier, and a tiny Tepig?It's really troubling me.But I think we would have about 60 HP.Not 50 as I said before.
    Defense is rather confusing also seeing that a Skitty has exactly the same Defense stat with Wailord.Anyway I guess we would have around 50 since Alakazam has 45 and he is quite skinny so it seems good.
    Special Defense well around 50 also.
    Attack being 70 sounds normal to me.
    Sp.Attack for us wouldn't exist.
    Speed,maybe 60.

Soooo:
    HP - 55 or 60(sorry I can't accept the fact that a Mantine would have same HP with humans.This thing is huge so no).
    Defense - 50
    Sp.Defense - 45 or 50

Attack - 70
    Speed - 60

We would be pretty weak stat wise.

Blissey would be impossible to kill.It has roughly 5x our HP for God's sake.

I agree with those stats, but I think a human's Attack could be around 75 or 80 since some humans are rather strong in terms of physical strength.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    But with an attack of 80 we would be stronger than Onix and Vigoroth and equal to strength with Machop who is said to easily lift humans and throw them.I know some people can do that but not all people.Not the average human.Thats why.The max strength of a human would be around 80,ok, but the average is 70.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Aren't you all exagerating just a bit? I mean, the Kyogre example didn't really make sense, because all Kyogre ever uses is Special attack, and that's it. It's natural his Attack isn't good compared to humans if all humans use is Attack, and all Kyogre uses is Sp. Attack.

We're not thaaat weak. Unlike what most pokémon professors say, it's not like we would need pokémon to defend us in tall grass. I mean, if Tyranitar is around the same size as a human, then we really can't be THAT weak. And I'd still consider us Water/Fighting (we can use Surf and Scald xD) because the average human can take a burn well (compare taking a shock to burning your hand. one goes out with a bandage, the other one may kill you if you aren't wearing rubber shows - which rises the question, is our ability lightningrod? lol).

The average american male is 1.789 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in), from a study taken in 2005, so it's probable the height has rose anyway. Nonetheless, that makes us bigger than pokés like Charizard, Zapdos, Gigalith, Heatran, Deoxys, Machamp, Metagross, almost two feet taller than Alakazam, The 3 Sages, Darkrai, Swampert, Ludicolo, Nidoking, Golem, Rhydon, Latias and most others. Infernape is only 3"11, for christ's sake, so the difference isn't as big as may be portrayed/imagined.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Base stats don't variate between individuals. Every human (with some very select exceptions as in alternate forme differences) would have the same BST, just different IVs similar to a person's real life traits compared to others, and EVs. For example, a person who exercised a large amount would have a higher speed or attack then a person who spent most of their time studying psychology and exercising their memory, who would likewise have a higher special attack.

Don't doubt humans strength either. The strongest blow landed by a human could hit with about 1800 PSI of force. How that translates into attack, I do not know, but it's most likely much harder then what Starly (a Pokémon with higher attack then Onix) could muster.

Back