• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How would Wally train his Ralts if it only knew Growl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Reign

  
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Maybe he caught that damn Skitty who eventually evolved into the Delcatty. Damn Sing...

Or maybe he just used a rare candy.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • Have you guys looked at ralts head? Just throw him at any pokemon and there you go instant KO!! But the magikarp theory works also.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    His Ralts was special. It knew Tackle as well.

..::Michi::..

Green Pearl Voice
    Years
  • I have always wondered that. He might have actually had a TM, if he had the funds to purchase it; or was just lucky enough to encounter one

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • TMs?
    He seems to be a friend to Norman, or maybe his parents had a TM that they didn't use.
    Or, since he(and everyone else in those games) is Japanese, he could have bought an AR xD
    awkwardstaringxv9.jpg

Join The DragonForce Fanclub! Or I will kill you with my recording of Through the Fire and Flames and smash you with one of Metallica's guitars right in the center to make you a Guitar Zero...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    When he catches his Ralts, it's a level 3, right? Something like that. Anyway, I remember, I went out and stumbled across a Ralts of that level (I remember thinking what a coincidence it was) and all it knew was Growl. So how does Wally train his Ralts if it only knows Growl?? I know some people will say, "It's a game, who cares", but I think it's a bit of game flaw. Suggestions on how he could have done it, anyone?

Honestly he could have just caught another pokemon weaken its stats with growl catch it and then do the usual training by switching in and out...

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Actually it was a very rare Level 5 Ralts (someone has probably already said this). Heck I was actually surprised the game designers didn't give him a SHINY Ralts.

Anyway as for how the hell he trained it...it only need one more level before it learned confusion. But in order to level the Ralts up, here are some theories that I've devised.

1. Wally along with one of his family members (uncle, aunt, cousin) did double battles with him.
    2. Rare Candy
    3. Growled the opponent to death until his Ralts reorted to Struggle. Add some Healing items (Any kind of Potion, Drinks, Berries) and there you have it.

I believe that the first one (the one involving the Doubled Battle is the most likely explanation because when yhou talk to Wanda (Wally's cousin) after getting the Balance Badge, she seems to be the only one in the household who doesn't seem particularly concerned that
    Spoiler:
    Either that or that line was dubbed poorly, which I don't think is the case. So I have a feeling that Wanda helped Wally out quite a bit in the early part of his training career.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • I still say it's because of that weird horn on his head.
    or maybe it has to do with the air in Vendanturf town.....

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Day Care because Verdanturf is right by the Day Care.

Here's what happened:

Wally went home. On the way there he put his new Ralts in the Day Care.

*Eye of the Tiger*

He runs back and forth, training and strengthening his "weakened" body to good health, while his Ralts gains levels in the Day Care, until the point he meets you in Mauville, where he's clueless. This would also explain why he only has Ralts still and no other Pokemon.

Years
  • He runs back and forth, training and strengthening his "weakened" body to good health, while his Ralts gains levels in the Day Care, until the point he meets you in Mauville, where he's clueless. This would also explain why he only has Ralts still and no other Pokemon.

If what you're saying is true...

Then sick ol' Wally's trips to the bathroom could have upped the level of Ralts.

Ralts on levelling: "Aw, crap! Not again..."

**I only wish it was that easy**

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    well..... i think he should train it with lots of RARE CANDIES or... he can use Exp. Share on it.

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
    Years
  • Alas, it is so simple! EXP Share! Gave it to Ralts and wally fought off the Pokemon himself!

Wally Rambo at your service.

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
    Years
  • the whole eye of the tiger daycare scenario makes sense. It explains Wally's lack of battling skill!

Yeah it does make sense. Maybe it was one of those triggered level ups from Ralts losing so much, but wanting to impress Wally?

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • Woah... I didn't realise so many people were bugged by it too! Stupid Wally...
    Anyway, the Day Care thing is probably the closest to we'll ever get to knowing the truth. I mean, honestly. Where is some sickly little kid going to get a bunch of Rare Candies?
    "Oh, uncle, may I please have some Rare Candies?"
    "Do you know how much they COST? And you're already freeloading off me. Go find some invisible ones, you little twerp."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back