• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] How would you rate the new Pokémon?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I thought the starters were pretty cool. No where near as bad as the gen 5 starters :o

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
I'd really need to say a 5. The starters were all neat and interesting, but just don't care for the new mons in Sword/Shield at all. I will say Corviknight is amazing, and also like Urshifu.

Years
I'd give them a decent 7. I think they put a lot more work in the design this time and while not the best, I think of it as : great idea, poor execution. Like someone else said, the fossils were a great idea but the lack of storyline like "go do this and that to get X item, after you get items X,Y,Z you may start to find fossils around the map, bla bla *insert generic bad guys that stole these fossils*", makes it a bit of a downer. It was DECENT both from design and gameplay P.O.V.

At the end of the day, this is the only pokemon game where I vouched I'll fill my pokedex.

In Pokemon Let's GO where I have even the physical pokeball-controller, I finished the game and had less that 3 boxes of pokemon filled (with tons of dupes). #onixLove

Years
7/10

i dock a few points because for the life of me i get constant brainfarts every time i try to remember a galar pokemon (sans the starters). maybe this is a me issue more than an issue of the pokemon but the fact that they haven't left a lasting imprint on my mind... meh. still though, 7 is decent because i like many of the galarian pokemon designs.

Back