• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How you Use your Rare Candies?

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
Years
  • I generally just use them when I cbf'd E.V. training them and feel like some results in the effort I put in.
    Nothing like leveling up after EV training and seeing the stat increase on your beloved pokepal (: Rare Candies speed that up for me xD

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
  • I use them straight away 'cos I'm impatient. XD I almost always give them to the lowest-level Pokemon in my party to help them catch up with the others.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I only rare candy if i get good EV's. XD

orly? how so?

and yes, EV training is where you get Effort Points from wild pokemon and they can level up with better stats. XD

you can repent all crimes after living a life of sin, thats a big ass loop hole every christian takes advantage of, after all no christian is a true christian anymore, they onlt follow what they want to follow, they ignore the fundamentals put before them.

ill never understand EV trainin, seems rather pointless to me, i jusat raise my team up til their ready for battle& then we win, or lose *shrugs*

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • you can repent all crimes after living a life of sin, thats a big ass loop hole every christian takes advantage of, after all no christian is a true christian anymore, they onlt follow what they want to follow, they ignore the fundamentals put before them.
    dude, not all of them arent true christians. >_>

And yes, I also use rare candies on weaker pokemon! XD

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    dude, not all of them arent true christians. >_>

And yes, I also use rare candies on weaker pokemon! XD

if i said all i apologize, i meant to say most.

i think i said most, but when im hungry i hardly pay attention& tend to type words completely unrelated by accident.

i used rare candies on my teddiursa lol

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well I like having my Pokemon at levels that are divisible by five, and have them all at that level. But sometimes I do worry about happiness levels. I NEVER like using Rare Candies for the final level before evolution. I like an evolution to be memorable. Something like a Gym battle or the place where I caught the Pokemon. I once Rare Candied like crazy on my Togepi on Gold, but I never thought it was fair to the other Pokemon. Imagine how it would feel if you were a Pokemon and you watched your trainer give hundreds of delicious peices of candy to somebody who didn't even battle? I know that they're just electronic, but you get the idea.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • no it was aimed at all who use it, you should read the persons comment,& listen to their words before makin assumptions.

and the only hiprocrits here are christians thank you very much.
    Nice one troll, i thought insulting ppl was bad?

yeah as everyone has said i save them until its like there lvl 92 and i just want to see triple digits and say iuck ft

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • It depends. If I'm desperately trying to evolve a Pokemon, then I'll probably use them. I tend to save them though. In case I'm in dire need of them. I typically don't use them in-game unless I'm trying to get a certain move and I'm like one level away or something.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I never have rare candies because I use them to un-noob my pokémon before the league kicks their ass, lol.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I always save any I pick up along the Journey untill I come to a part that i'm stuck at i.e E4, then I spread them out if I have around 6, if I have 2 or 3 I just use them on one Pokemon.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • If I find them on runs, I usually wait for the Pokemon I'm training to level up, then use it immediately. That way all that experience it gained in order to reach that level doesn't go to waste.

This is what I do too, I wait until I level someone up an then as soon as they level up I use it.
    Either that or I'll see who in my team needs levelled up the most, like if someone's lagging behind I'll use it on them :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    All I do is use them on Pokemon that need the Leveling, especially if they are the Underdog of the team, then they need the Gained levels to get to the level they need to get to in order evolve.

Kindred Sworn

トレーナーゼロ
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I try not to ever use rare candies because they make your pokemon weaker. I'm not trolling or anything, it's true they cheat your pokemon out of EVs.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I try not to ever use rare candies because they make your pokemon weaker. I'm not trolling or anything, it's true they cheat your pokemon out of EVs.
    Which is true if you rare candy from 1-100 without killing anything else. Most people that use their rare candies to level up huge amounts have already finished EV training.

Back