• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Howdy there!

Years
  • Meowdy my good friends 🤠

I'm Archie, a long-time Pokemon fan, and a long-time menace to society.

I originally joined this forum four years ago, but only made one or two posts and immediately stopped using it for the next quadrennial period. (Please disregard my old fanfictions. I do not claim that Litten-obsessed part of my life as canon.)

I'm what we in the old west call, "lesbian." This fact seems to be hard for most straight men in my Discord DM's to understand, but I trust that y'all on the PC forums are more educated than most. I have been with my current partner since February 17th, 2021, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm a HUGE metal fan and have been listening to the genre ever since I was a kid. (My absolute favorite bands right now are Between the Buried and Me, The Dear Hunter, Haken, Arch Enemy, and Mastodon, if you were wondering. Ghost of Perdition by Opeth is probably my favorite song, though.)

I'm a digital artist, going onto somewhere around 8 years of doodling. All the way from my Warriors phase, and straight back to where I am right now. I'm lucky to be here, honestly. In addition to this, I'm also an avid creative writer, and have been doing that even longer than digital drawing. I can still distinctly remember my first ever OC. Allow me to paint you a picture here:
    You're 7 years old. You've just made your Roblox account for the first time ever, and you're having a great time playing Obby's and Work at a Pizza Place. You're scrolling through games one day, when all of a sudden you see it:
    Warrior Cats: Lake Territory.

You nearly jump out of your seat! Warrior Cats?! That thing that your older siblings were always a huge fan of?! That's so cool!!!

You join the game, and are immediately greeted by a question: "What do you call a cat who is currently raising kits?" After a brief exchange with your sister in an attempt to get the answer, you type: "Queen." You are allowed in.

You create your character. Pure white, with disgustingly bright turquoise highlights and red eyes. You are perfect. But, oh! You need a name for your awesome new she-cat! You think on it for a long and strenuous ten seconds, when all of a sudden, it comes to you: Oceanclaw.

You are now ready to join Thunderclan, where all the cool kids are roleplaying. You spend hours and hours playing this Roblox game, making a great new friend, whom you proceed to stop speaking to the very next day. You have unspeakable amounts of fun. Little do you know, this little writing affair going to become a major part of your life in the near future...

I hope that was an enjoyable autobiography. Anyway, I've already gone on for a really long time. I am extremely excited to FINALLY be here, and I am even more excited to get involved with the community here. (Let's hope I don't leave for another four years this time.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Meowdy my good friends 🤠

I'm Archie, a long-time Pokemon fan, and a long-time menace to society.

I originally joined this forum four years ago, but only made one or two posts and immediately stopped using it for the next quadrennial period. (Please disregard my old fanfictions. I do not claim that Litten-obsessed part of my life as canon.)

I'm what we in the old west call, "lesbian." This fact seems to be hard for most straight men in my Discord DM's to understand, but I trust that y'all on the PC forums are more educated than most. I have been with my current partner since February 17th, 2021, and I couldn't be happier.
    Howdy Archie! Glad to have you join for realsies, welcome to the fun :D I can relate in that I made my account in 2013, downloaded some rom hacks, and then completely ignored it for the next seven years, until the pandemic hit lol. You might already know your way around the place since you've experienced browsing it for some time, but I'mma still post links to guide you around just in case :3

Speaking of Discord, we have an official Pokecommunity Server if you don't already know. It's a pretty chill community, and I'm pretty sure no straight male is gonna come around sliding into your DM's uninvited there :p

I'm a HUGE metal fan and have been listening to the genre ever since I was a kid. (My absolute favorite bands right now are Between the Buried and Me, The Dear Hunter, Haken, Arch Enemy, and Mastodon, if you were wondering. Ghost of Perdition by Opeth is probably my favorite song, though.)
    Schweet stuff. I'm not a metal fan myself, more akin to garage/alt rock, but we'd love you over at Entertainment & Media! I think there was a metalhead thread there not too long ago, can't remember though if it's still active :<

I'm a digital artist, going onto somewhere around 8 years of doodling. All the way from my Warriors phase, and straight back to where I am right now. I'm lucky to be here, honestly. In addition to this, I'm also an avid creative writer, and have been doing that even longer than digital drawing. I can still distinctly remember my first ever OC.
    A fellow creative! Awesome to see :D Let's see... we have an Art Studio if you wanna show off your stuff and discuss all things art, a Writer's Lounge to discuss all things... well, writing lol, and even a Roleplay Theatre & Roleplay Stage to participate and or read stories made by the community! Be sure ofc to read the stickies and rules before posting, but I'm sure you already know that~ (upon looking at the forums, looks like you already posted there too lol)

I hope that was an enjoyable autobiography. Anyway, I've already gone on for a really long time. I am extremely excited to FINALLY be here, and I am even more excited to get involved with the community here. (Let's hope I don't leave for another four years this time.)
    Excited to have you join the community as well :D I specialize in hiatuses myself, but imo it's all a matter of keeping things fun and not being burned out haha. I find this place to be my relaxing go-to when I've had a stressful day~

Anyway, enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need any :) Have a good one!

Years
  • Howdy Archie! Glad to have you join for realsies, welcome to the fun :D

Thank you for the warm welcome! I think I'm gonna join that Discord right now, actually. I am especially excited to know that straight men will not bother me there. :))))

I really appreciate all the help with the links! I'm relatively familiar with how to navigate this place, but there are so many subfolders and subforums that it can get a little confusing at times, LOL.

I'll definitely have to check out that metalhead forum if it's still active!

Years
  • Hello!
    Spoiler:

Do you like cats and catmons ? =3

I listen to Metal too, but prefer purely instrumental stuff. Not that I solely listen to that, but... yeah I recognize absolutely none of those bands lmao

Years
  • Hello!
    Spoiler:

Do you like cats and catmons ? =3

Heck yeah, I like cats! I had a bunch of cats growing up, I want to get another soon.

I listen to Metal too, but prefer purely instrumental stuff. Not that I solely listen to that, but... yeah I recognize absolutely none of those bands lmao

They're mostly smaller bands, save for BTBAM and Opeth pretty much. Do you have any suggestions for instrumental bands? The only real instrumental song I can think of off the top of my head is The Filthy Mind by DM DOKURO, and even then that comes from Terraria's Calamity Mod so I doubt that actually counts lmao

Last edited:
    Years
  • Heck yeah, I like cats! I had a bunch of cats growing up, I want to get another soon.

They're mostly smaller bands, save for BTBAM and Opeth pretty much. Do you have any suggestions for instrumental bands? The only real instrumental song I can think of off the top of my head is The Filthy Mind by DM DOKURO, and even then that comes from Terraria's Calamity Mod so I doubt that actually counts lmao

These aren't bands afaik, but I listen to these artists alot:
    -zYnthetic who has made some imo awesome Metal tracks for the Killing Floor games. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87PlZM4mIkI (this one is Christmas Metal xD)
    -Mick Gordon who has made a bunch of sick Metal tracks for the Doom games.

I also listen to a lot of Metal covers by RichaadEB on youtube. Some of them feature other artists and those usually do have vocals, but when it's just him it's only instrumental ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
  • These aren't bands afaik, but I listen to these artists alot:
    -zYnthetic who has made some imo awesome Metal tracks for the Killing Floor games. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87PlZM4mIkI (this one is Christmas Metal xD)
    -Mick Gordon who has made a bunch of sick Metal tracks for the Doom games.

I also listen to a lot of Metal covers by RichaadEB on youtube. Some of them feature other artists and those usually do have vocals, but when it's just him it's only instrumental ^.^

MIck Gordon hits so unbelievably different, I haven't really listened to his music much since Doom Eternal was released though. I gotta get on that.

I was super into RichaadEB a few years ago, idk what music he's released lately but I should totally get on that too lol

Thank you for the suggestions! I've never heard of zYnthetic, but they seem like a really cool! Also, +Respect to any metal band that releases Christmas albums. We need more of you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    MIck Gordon hits so unbelievably different, I haven't really listened to his music much since Doom Eternal was released though. I gotta get on that.

I was super into RichaadEB a few years ago, idk what music he's released lately but I should totally get on that too lol

Thank you for the suggestions! I've never heard of zYnthetic, but they seem like a really cool! Also, +Respect to any metal band that releases Christmas albums. We need more of you.
    Hii welcome to PC! You sound like fun :3 I haven't read Warriorcats lmao but one of the admins on this site is heavily urging me to do so.................

I'm a roleplayer though, both in the written form we do on-site here, and in Dungeons & Dragons ^^ Loads of fun! I hope you will check out the Roleplay Theatre (and Stage) in the links Roni gave you - we've had a bit of a lull but are really making things going better again now!

Also RichaadEB is awesome. But the best remixes out there are usually the metal ones, mhmm :justright:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I managed to miss this thread! Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry I'm late!

Also props for being a metal fan, there's not enough of us out there these days.

Back