• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen "How's my Old Charmander Doing?"

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    You can get Gift Pokemon - Squirtle, Charmander, and Squirtle in Pokemon Yellow during your journey.

"How's my Old Charmander Doing?"

Bulbasaur is found in Cerulean City, if your Pikachu has good happiness with you. Charmander is found past Nugget Bridge, from a trainer who is willing to give you one. And finally, you can get Squirtle in Vermilion City after you get the Thunderbadge.

So question here is, did you get these three gift pokemon? Have you used them in your team? Why or Why not?

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
    Yes! I always picked up all three of them and utilized them throughout my adventure! The starters are awesome Pokemon and tick off three major typings.

I didn't actually realise you could get these guys on my first play through as a kid though! :O

magikarpfainted

Up for Trade
    Years
    Charmander was and still is my go to starter pokemon.
    i get grumpy when theres no way for me to get a charmander or not being able to grab my charizard from another one of my play throughs.

Years
    I always got all of the starters. Although, for the longest time, I couldn't find Charmander anywhere and it broke my heart. But I guess I shouldn't be too upset because I'm not really big fan of Charmander. I typically used Bulbasaur and occasionally Squirtle.

Years
    During my Yellow playthrough, I used all 3. Who wouldn't want to use the 3 starters?

My team consisted of: Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, and Kadabra.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
    Since I was not born during the actual release of the games, I played them much later, after watching the whole of Kanto, the Orange archipelago, Jhoto and halfway through Hoenn of the anime. And that's exactly how I played the game, with a Charizard and an unevolved and overlevelled Pikachu, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, the Snorlax, and a pigeot.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I usually collected all three during my playthrough, but only ever really used Charmander and Squirtle as Grass Pokemon lose their usefulness once you've defeated Misty.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    My Charmander when I was young in the Yellow version ended up being an HM Slave.
    The limited moveset for Charizard back then was... stupid.
    Oh, and I hate on Blastoise so I forgot whom I replaced him with. But in the recent Yellow on 3DS, I bought the Magikarp.
    Venusaur was the most useful one for me in the game-- Even when I was young and dumb. But I am loving the moveset of Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Toxic and Razor Leaf.

Back