• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human Extinction

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Many have different opinions on the way we humans will go extinct or be gone from the planet. I believe, in my opinion, that we might get killed by Solar Flares as it is, not that it might happen when I'm alive though.

Years
    Well, there are literally dozens of theories pertaining to this. Solar Flares would be one of the deadliest. All that energy would fry our mechanical systems, and if it's powerful enough, theoretically it could bypass the Ozone layer and fry the surface. :/

The Solar Maximum, the height of the sun's solar activity, does begin in 2012, ironically enough.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    The world doesn't have a purpose to end. So why would human become exstint in the future? We may not know for sure, because we don't live forever, but I do know human exstintion cannot happen like that or in any other strange way. Besides there are thousands of humans in the world- isn't that kind of a hint, hint? And on top of that technology is pretty advance these days, and probably in the near future so we probably don't have to worry about anything like.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Show of opinions, then? I think our overpopulation will choke us; it wouldn't make us extinct, but I can imagine some great famine/disease/war/disaster befalling most populations and our numbers falling. IMO we should already be trying to colonise Mars or something, but most persons are too unconcerned with anything beyond the scope of their own lives — humanity's success, and indeed mere survival on a universal scale. Of course if we don't try to leave Earth, Sol and ultimately the Milky Way, we won't last forever. I don't care what will kill us off entirely, rather I find the notion that we should die at all a concern that needs addressing.

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Anything could cause it really; Asteroid, Solar Flare (or the effects thereof), Climate Change (in either direction), disease, Nuclear War (more likely the following Nuclear Winter) or possibly simply being out classed by a rival species that could evolve from us or (less likely) another species.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Well, there are a lot of theories on how human extinction can go about, but the most likely one, IMO, is a meteor crash.

Years
    It's hard to say what will kill us all off. There is literally dozens and dozens of possibilities.
    I don't think it will be anything nuclear that does it. Someone would have to basically pull the trigger on human extinction then, and that includes their own life. There's a 99.9% chance that that would never happen.

Solar flares and the resulting effects would actually probably be the most likely scenario. If something is going to knock off the human race, why not let it be our great sun.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I believe that the world will end in fire with Armageddon. Religious belief.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    I'm pretty loathe to admit that humankind will become extinct at all, we're like cockroaches. Pretty sure we'll be chilling out in space with lasers and robots going warp speed.

That said, in the words of Yo La Tengo:
    Mother f'ers don't you know,
    if you push that button,
    your ass got to go,
    Talkin' bout (yeah) nuclear war.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I think it's absolutely impossible that the human race will go completely extinct before our solar system goes kaput. Now once the sun goes out, that's a different ballgame entirely, but we don't expect that to happen for millions of years...so we've got ALL the time we need to develop technology capable of reproducing the human race on other usable planets that are livable...and possibly even make colonies on unlivable planets if resources are plentiful enough in the area to allow us to create a sealed habitat for ourselves on other planets which aren't in the so-called Goldilocks zone with Oxygen, Water and other essential things we need in our lives.

Even in the off chance that a meteor strikes Earth before we get a colony started elsewhere, I don't believe that we will die out.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh no. God's gonna start getting real pissed, so we're all probably gonna be dead when we wake up Christmas day.

If that doesn't happen, that simply means it was decided that every single human will die a slow...painful...death.

Then Sammyskitty will be the last girl alive. We'll all be zombies, she'll kill us all. And then she will realize there are not more zombies to kill and accidentally gets eaten by a talking, fire breathing duck with dementia.

That is, my friends, how miserably the human race will go extinct. Merry Christmas.

ToySoldier

Poke'Community Forum Addict
    Years
    For me, I believe that humans are either going to be extinct because of global warming. With rising sea levels and the destruction of the O-Zone layer, I would be surprised if we made it to 4000 A.D.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Truthly i have heard about solar flares but i think it won't happen and if it does happen and if we do lose all tech humans lived without all this tech before plus if we are going to end in 2012 im glade i droped out this year so i could enjoy my last 2 years caz i graduate in 2012.

Back