• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humans vs Pokemon! Who would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
  • Ok, I'm starting to see what Toujours was saying, you manipulate the situation completely to where the humans would lose no matter what. What you don't take into account though is that, like Toujours said, not all pokemon are violent, there would be some that would be peaceful natured and want to coexist with humans. And even if no pokemon did side with the humans, and almost all of humankind were wiped out, imagine this, the most powerful bomb ever made was called the Tsar Bomba, made by the Russians. It was over 3800 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb. That's only half as powerful as the scientists who made the bomb could have made it, they halved it because the Nuclear fall out would have been too wide spread. That was in 1961, we have advanced a lot in the past 50 years, imagine how powerful that bomb, at full power, would be today. If ANY species began to invade our planet and started to wipe-out all the population on Earth, evacuation would began immediately to bunkers located miles underground and every nuclear bomb in the world would be deployed (Of which there are approximately 23,000). Humans are ruthless when it comes to survival, never forget that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    About the Ghost types. I hope you are kidding. How in the world are you going to capture Dark type Pokemon, which are by their nature evil and mischievous, and threaten to kill their effing family while they are in a war?!!!? Do you think Dark types are that stupid? Duh, their Japanese name is Evil Type. I wouldn't dare to try to capture an alive Absol or Mandibuzz for the sake of my life. Please, keep it logical.
    Seriously? Humans holding Pokemon hostages to bring them with their side?! Let me tell you something. It's humans vs Pokemon, not humans-and-some-Pokemon vs Pokemon. What you said is absurd.

Just explain to me how on Earth would we capture them ALIVE and not be harmed? Even if you managed to do it, they can't be kept in cages. They fire a Dark Pulse and it shatters. Guys, they are not animals. They are Pokemon.
    I got the idea from the Pokemon movie - Zoroark, master of illusion. Sure, technology isn't the same as in the movie, but it would be possible. I'm not talking about one human capturing one dark type Pokemon. The whole world wouldn't be a battle field. There would be at least one secure place where humans get to plan their actions out. Once humans have a plan and the element of surprise, anything's possible. Sure it's a long shot, but it isn't impossible. Don't underestimate the human race.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    OreoMaster, Pokemon are captured in normal cages and such in the anime so it would be possible here too. In addition, it's been shown that a low level Pikachu can be easily overpowered with rubber gloves, so that would apply to all other low-level electric types, even if they learn some other attacks, obviously Pikachu wasn't able to escape a 10 year old so our soldiers would do much better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Retro Gamer'93, I never thought of that to be honest. I knew we actually had nukes but not that powerful. It's very probable that we would 'win' at the end but that's only after destroying the WHOLE surface of the Earth. I mean, such nukes would obliterate everything on the whole surface of the earth. However, I am pretty sure that some Pokemon, actually a lot, know how to use Dig, especially Ground types. So, wouldn't they just dig and hide low underneath the ground to protect themselves? They wouldn't last long enough down there without food or water but they could still trigger massive earthquakes from underneath so as to hit our underground bunkers.
    Excuse me but I am only putting things in order. I'm not trying to convince that Pokemon would win. It's just that there is always something that Pokemon can do to counter a situation you bring up. For example, you say throw missiles at them.
    Well, Psychic Pokemon can easily just stop those in mid-air and hurl them back at us. Only one powerful Psychic Pokemon like Gardevoir could stop many missiles and bullets all at once and just send them back. They could lift everything up and hurl it away. Lift tanks and throw them at us or blast them away or turn them into scrap metal.
    Ghost types wouldn't even be affected by our guns. I suppose that ghost Pokemon have a solid and a 'ghostly' form so they can get hurt when solid but not when ghost form. So, the only way to hurt them is by sneaking at them - that's why Ghost is weak to Dark; they sneak and attack while Ghost Pokemon are in their solid form.
    Steel types would also be nearly indestructible. Cloyster's shell is said to endure a bomb explosion.
    And all of the others would be plain destructive. The 3 aforementioned would be the most dangerous. Ground and Rock Pokemon would be bad too. Psychic types could read our minds and act accordingly, use telepathy, sense our presence if we are hiding, brainwash us to kill each other or just stop attacking them, control our mind and create psychic barriers guarding them from assaults.

The thing is that you think of Pokemon as those cute and cuddly cartoonish things the anime shows. Here are some realistic pictures of Pokemon that kinda show how they would really be :
    https://silver5.deviantart.com/gallery/31462640#/d41b32d
    https://silver5.deviantart.com/gallery/31462640#/d3hs2lg
    Also, watch some Heroes and X-Men. This can give you a good idea about how Pokemon would devastate the world. Furthermore just have in mind that in X-Men or Heroes there is only one person having a specific ability eg cryokinesis, telekinesis etc , yet it seems that a whole army can't put up with a team of 10 villains with those powers. Pokemon are a lot more. There are hundreds of Gardevoir not only one. Get my point?

I stress more about Pokemon because I don't think there is anything humans could do more than make a plan and start firing things to them. At the very end we may win with those nukes but we will destroy the whole earth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Retro Gamer'93, I never thought of that to be honest. I knew we actually had nukes but not that powerful. It's very probable that we would 'win' at the end but that's only after destroying the WHOLE surface of the Earth. I mean, such nukes would obliterate everything on the whole surface of the earth. However, I am pretty sure that some Pokemon, actually a lot, know how to use Dig, especially Ground types. So, wouldn't they just dig and hide low underneath the ground to protect themselves? They wouldn't last long enough down there without food or water but they could still trigger massive earthquakes from underneath so as to hit our underground bunkers.

That wouldn't save them from a nuclear bomb. The only reason our underground bunkers would is because of our technology and the way they're built - they need to be underground but just being underground isn't enough.

Excuse me but I am only putting things in order. I'm not trying to convince that Pokemon would win. It's just that there is always something that Pokemon can do to counter a situation you bring up. For example, you say throw missiles at them.
    Well, Psychic Pokemon can easily just stop those in mid-air and hurl them back at us. Only one powerful Psychic Pokemon like Gardevoir could stop many missiles and bullets all at once and just send them back. They could lift everything up and hurl it away. Lift tanks and throw them at us or blast them away or turn them into scrap metal.

They would have to know that it's coming. While they're dealing with 20 missiles in front of them, they can't deal with 50 coming at their back.

Ghost types wouldn't even be affected by our guns. I suppose that ghost Pokemon have a solid and a 'ghostly' form so they can get hurt when solid but not when ghost form. So, the only way to hurt them is by sneaking at them - that's why Ghost is weak to Dark; they sneak and attack while Ghost Pokemon are in their solid form.
    Steel types would also be nearly indestructible. Cloyster's shell is said to endure a bomb explosion.

That's a Pokedex entry, you can't take those as fact.

And all of the others would be plain destructive. The 3 aforementioned would be the most dangerous. Ground and Rock Pokemon would be bad too. Psychic types could read our minds and act accordingly, use telepathy, sense our presence if we are hiding, brainwash us to kill each other or just stop attacking them, control our mind and create psychic barriers guarding them from assaults.

I think you're painting all Psychic types with the same brush. It's not a black and white scenario - I'm sure there are levels of Psychic power. An Alakazam can do more than a Spoink. In addition, there would be specializations; it's unrealistic to assume that every Pokemon with psychic powers can read minds, move things with their mind, create psychic barriers, change thoughts, and detect hidden people. This is an example of you exaggerating Pokemon abilities so there's no option other than "Pokemon win, end of thread".

That links back to "A Gardevoir can stop EVERY MISSILE EVER FIRED AT IT". Even psychic power has a limit.

The thing is that you think of Pokemon as those cute and cuddly cartoonish things the anime shows. Here are some realistic pictures of Pokemon that kinda show how they would really be :
    https://silver5.deviantart.com/gallery/31462640#/d41b32d
    Also, watch some Heroes and X-Men. This can give you a good idea about how Pokemon would devastate the world. Furthermore just have in mind that in X-Men or Heroes there is only one person having a specific ability eg cryokinesis, telekinesis etc , yet it seems that a whole army can't put up with a team of 10 villains with those powers. Pokemon are a lot more. There are hundreds of Gardevoir not only one. Get my point?

That's fan art, not actual Pokemon. Take for example the Golett in the first one - there's absolutely no reason it needs to be all cracked and worn away, smooth rocks exist and Pokemon obviously heal pretty fast with potions and such so it wouldn't make sense. It's just drawn that way specifically to look more threatening.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    1. What if they dig very deep underground? But okay, it may not be enough. Some human population could survive but some Pokemon could also too. Don't get me wrong again, but that's just my opinion. As soon as Pokemon sensed the shock wave from the explosion they would use Protect. Protect guards the user from anything. So they would survive that. Or Psychic Pokemon could produce strong psychic barriers. Now, most Pokemon would die afterwards from radioactivity but there are some Pokemon that wouldn't mind it. Pokemon with Magic Guard for example. Some Pokemon could tolerate it long enough so as to heal themselves and others as well with Aromatherapy and Heal Bell. Take Blissey. Humongous HP and Sp.Def means she would tolerate it and heal everyone with Aromatherapy.

2. There would only be one Psychic Pokemon. Look. There are 67 different Psychic Pokemon. Like animals, there would be thousands of each species. You can't just expect one Kadabra. Only one strong Psychic would be enough to control many missiles at a time. Duh! Two Baltoys alone managed to stop a space shuttle in mid air and those usually weight over 100 tons. Now let's do the maths. Baltoy has max 200 Sp.Att so doubled - they were two - and we go to 400. Thus, a Pokemon with 400 Sp.Att like Alakazam could control something as heavy as that alone. An Alakazam would control the missiles coming from the front and the Gothitelle next to him would take care of the bullets coming from behind.

3. From the whole passage you quoted, you only commented about Cloyster's shell pokedex entry. Okay, it's a pokedex entry. It may be exaggerating. But it could at least endure bullets. It looks quite sturdy to me. We aren't only talking about Cloyster though. Also, Ghosts could just float around us being invisible - yes most ghost types have this ability - and attack. Let alone that they could easily use Curse on a whole troop.

4. Toujours, most Psychic Pokemon are able to read the mind and thoughts of others, utilize telepathy, sense the presence of others around, create protective barriers. That's not me. It's Bulbapedia, Pokedex Entries etc
    About telekinesis, I only have to tell you that they are Psychic Pokemon. That's actually what they do. They can control everything with their mind. If they couldn't they wouldn't be psychic. Only Unown and Wobbuffet don't do that. About brainwashing, well at least Lunatone can do it.
    I agree that no every Pokemon would attack with the same power. But still, most of them have the same abilities, they just vary in intensity. An Alakazam could send 3 trucks flying with its mind at the same time, while a Spoink could only hurl away a car. An Alakazam could sense the presence of others hiding 5 miles away while a Claydol could only sense them if they are closer than 2 miles. A Gardevoir would be a better telepath than Grumpig. That's how it would vary.

Here is a line from Bulbapedia :
    'It is said that Alakazam is known to have mastered every type and form of psychic ability, including, but not limited to: telekinesis, telepathy, ESP, psionic abilities, levitation, defensive techniques, mind control, and telekinetic blasts.' See? Alakazam knows how to mind control. Now, since mind control is just a different way to say 'brainwashing', we got 2 pokemon species that can control our mind. Alakazam and Lunatone.

5. Well, it may be fan art but it still shows a more realistic aspect of Pokemon. Golett is anyway cracked and ragged so that's how he would be in real life. How do you expect him to draw Golett if he is already ragged? Cute and smooth? I admit that the paintings show a darker side of Pokemon(like more goth style) but they are still good. At least you get an idea of how they would be. You may think 'a Galvantula doesn't look scary in the anime thus it can't kill me' but it would look intimidating in real life.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    Idk if you have heard of a .50 cal bullet but I'm pretty sure a Barrett .50 Caliber Rifle could kill any Pokemon that was not ghost as the bullet would be able to break any Pokemon's skin or shell. A bunch of trained snipers with these would be able to kill any Pokemon with a headshot.

Years
  • omg this thread/post made me laugh for a moment xD

but in the serious side I think we wouldnt have any change o.o even a little litwick can burn use with ember or something xD
    But since they dont attack in the pokeworld even tho some people abuse them or have them in cages and stuff if they would be real i dont think there would be any problem :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    McRevis - Idk if you have heard of ice beam but I'm pretty sure an ice beam could kill any human as the beam would be able to freeze your body solid, stopping your blood circulation in an instant. A bunch of leveled-up Pokemon with these would be able to kill any human with a hit.
    ^ This is the exact equivalent from the Pokemon side. It's not that easy. Just because you say humans have guns that could kill anyone in a shot doesn't mean they would win. However, just because I say that Pokemon have strong attacks doesn't mean they would win either. It's not only the power. I do agree that with those guns we would be able to kill most Pokemon asides from Ghost and heavy Steel types. But still, just because we have big guns doesn't mean we win the war. Duh! In this case, I could just say that Pokemon would win and close the thread right now since 98% of their attacks are dangerous and lethal.

Papertobi, you got it right. EVERY Pokemon can defend itself. Even the timid ones like Clefable, Lapras, Leafeon etc are very powerful and no matter how timid they are they will defend themselves when provoked. See? Even though an Ember from Litwick wouldn't do much - 1st degree burns at the best - it could still hurt you. First evo pokemon and especially baby ones wouldn't be deadly but they could at least hurt you in a way.

Ronz.ombie, but then I always imagined humans dying when Pikachu hit them with Thunderbolt. However, they didn't..

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    All forms of canon show us that Pokemon are... pretty peaceful, with occasional, individual, and very minor exceptions. They're also intelligent, sentient, and capable of critical reasoning. The system of Pokemon and human companionship in the Pokemon universe works because most Pokemon seem to figure working together with humans is a lot nicer and smarter than senselessly slaughtering them. They can also, to some degree, communicate with humans; all Pokemon understand human speech, and presumably any Pokemon can learn to speak a human language as Meowth did in the anime. A handfull of them can even use telepathy.

Based on all that, I think in a truly realistic situation Pokemon and humans would actually negotiate and look for a peaceful solution, rather than blindly trying to drive each other to extinction. Even if Pokemon as a whole did for some reason hate humanity, and even if humanity did for some reason hate Pokemon, neither side would be able to deny that an all out war should be avoided at all costs. Pokemon have incredible destructive potential, legendaries in particular. And we have the nuclear capabilities to destroy the world, literally, several times over. One side would not easily sweep the other out of existence and carry on. It'd be devestating to both sides, to the existence life on our planet as a whole.

But, I guess to answer what you're asking, in the hypothetical situation that the entirety of both species wanted the other dead, and really wanted to have a big silly war over it, I think they'd be about evenly matched?? Sure, there's Ghosts and Psychics and possibly legendaries involved, but I think you're vastly underestimating nuclear weapons. The question of "could *insert Pokemon here* take a bullet" becomes irrelevant when nuclear weapons are a factor. The mere fact that they exist would be a huge threat to even the most powerful Pokemon, and it simply can't be assumed that Psychic-Types telekinetically holding back missiles would render any and all nuclear weapons useless. You're also forgetting that Pokemon are from a world where guns are seldom seen or mentioned, a world where the kind of advanced modern weaponry we have doesn't even seem to exist. They would be as unprepared for guns, tanks, and nukes as we would be for fire blasts and psychic attacks. All in all it wouldn't be a clean fight, and it'd probably result in terrible losses for both sides outweighing whatever victory would be worth.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • I second what this guy ^ said. All in all, it's probably gonna end up us dropping a HUGE nuke that wipes out both sides of this "war", so we all die.

And I had a hard time trying to put stuff here. I always imagined Pokemon smiling all the time and the Pikachus going "Pika Pika!" happily and stuff.

Years
  • The fact that any fully evolved pokemon can fire a frickin' laser from its mouth kinda cements my answer as no. Also, if they're organized, they could use the numerous grass types to rain down miscellaneous powders from the sky: all you need is a brigade of hoppip, skiploom and jumpluff. If everyone is paralyzed, sorry, parlyzed (:P) we wouldn't even be able to strike back. Water pokemon could use surf to flood coastal cities as fire pokemon created droughts/ fires all over the drier parts of the world. With the weather trio on the pokemon's side, they'd be able to create enormous typhoons and droughts. And the electric pokemon could work with kyogre to strike thunders at anyone or thing. Ice types could freeze over the land, and help the fire types destroy our crops. Fighting pokemon are able to throw there victim over the horizion, and lift dump trucks with one hand (machamp/ machoke) What chance do we have against them? Rampardoses could be used to charge our lines, as bastiodons defend the pokemons lines. And so what if we nuke 'em? We'd die too, plus have you SEEN how many pokemon come out of the tall grass? Thousands, infinite amounts, on just one route! The human race would go extinct.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    iLike2EatPiez, your answer is so amazing. It's a very logical answer. You are quite right. However, nuclear weapons would be quite fatal for humans too. Psychic Pokemon could hold missiles back and even fire a nuke back at us. Their psychic abilities are extraordinary. They could read our minds and see what we are planning. They could even control our minds and brainwash us into thinking that we should fight each other and not them. And all this, just from Psychic Pokemon. Of course, nuclear weapons are deadly and overly destructible but even with the radioactivity produced after the explosion some Pokemon could survive due to their abilities.

GolurkIsDaBomb, you got it quite right there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    iLike2EatPiez, your answer is so amazing. It's a very logical answer. You are quite right. However, nuclear weapons would be quite fatal for humans too. Psychic Pokemon could hold missiles back and even fire a nuke back at us. Their psychic abilities are extraordinary. They could read our minds and see what we are planning. They could even control our minds and brainwash us into thinking that we should fight each other and not them. And all this, just from Psychic Pokemon. Of course, nuclear weapons are deadly and overly destructible but even with the radioactivity produced after the explosion some Pokemon could survive due to their abilities.

GolurkIsDaBomb, you got it quite right there.
    Actually a nuke would kill every Pokemon in the blast radius. If a Pokemon survived they would have serious problems like us humans would.

Years
  • Actually a nuke would kill every Pokemon in the blast radius. If a Pokemon survived they would have serious problems like us humans would.

Thing is, the nuke would kill all the humans too, unless all the pokemon are gathered in one area far enough away from humans that none would be hurt (which seems incredibly unlikely since pokemon would be attacking humans and if they're as organized as I'm thinking, they'd be smart enough to hide their camp. They'd probably know nukes existed, so they'd definitely hide their camp.) Also the ones that survived... who says it would cause ill effects? Just look at eevee "Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve." (FireRed dex) Sure it's from stones, but why not just pure radiation? It even just randomly evolves due to it's environment, so with nuclear bombs you'd be creating either a poison eeveelution or perhaps even a new type of pokemon (radiation type?) That could turn sweet little eevee into a ticking nuke, since it's ALREADY unstable as is. And we have plenty more areas full of our species than theirs, major cities etc. (there are no Pokecities that I know of...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Golurk, you are so right. I love the idea of radiaton/poison type eevee! Also, magic guard pokemon wouldn't have problem with radiation.

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • When you put it like this, I'm glad that the Pokemon are in the games.

But, on a larger scale, we could survive, but with damaging costs. Using that much equipment and artillery would drain funding, and the damage to environmental and urban settlements would be astronomical.

So to answer your question, yes. We can survive, but only after making a huge crippling sacrifice for society.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2013
    If Pokemon were to come to our world, they'd have to obey our rules.
    This includes not being able to comedically survive outlandish attacks, explosions, falls, electrocutions, etc., that would normally kill anything or anyone else.

Let's assume that they have a sort of thick skin that allows them to repel each others' attacks and that their biological composition makes them resistant to blunt trauma.

It, however, doesn't make them invincible, only 'tough'.

Meaning any five point six two by forty-five millimeter is going to still puncture, tumble, do a ton of damage (pun intended), and kill them.

Of course, if we actually had an organized attack led by intelligent Psychic Pokemon, we'd see our forces crushed in any form of conventional warfare. Humans don't like to play by the rules, however. You see, we like to adapt and change those rules. If you actually expect to see some form of organized warfare, think again. Our mission would automatically involve exterminating every single Pokemon pest that threatened our planet and its inhabitants. You know the perfect answer to that? Biological warfare.
    Because these Pokemon nasties are in no way or shape anything like us, developing and unleashing an illness upon them that can be controlled by us but devastating to them would leave their numbers in ruins. You'd have a world polluted by dead Pokemon. A lot of bodies to burn. A lot of people pissed off at these things hunting them. It'd be like Rabbit Season in Australia. Pokemon are intelligent, but they lack the ability to gather intelligence. They'd have no idea what threats to attack, let alone how we operate or where we operate. Over seven billion threats is something hard to extinguish.

Pokemon were imagined to be collected and to battle.
    Humans are designed to build and discover. Our traits have turned us into the most efficient killers on the planet. Oorah.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Don't post in threads that are over a month old, especially well over a year old. Double-check the date of the last post to avoid this happening again.

Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back